T:14

St. Louis, Missouri
January 28, 2017
Lyric Zhiloh

 Louis, MissouriJanuary 28, 2017Lyric Zhiloh

--

1 Year Later

Lyric chugged the Hennessy straight down as the tears rolled down her eyes. It had been an entire year since her mother had died, and a year since she had cut everyone out of her life.

Lyric was currently 18 years old and living with her grandmother and attending online-college classes. She had felt too weak to go to a normal college. After her mothers death, she had sort of given up on herself and life.

Like what was the purpose? Her mother was her purpose in life. She had loved and loved, but it seemed as if her love was bad luck. Because she lost everyone that she loved.

"Baby, you just gone give up like that?" Lyric's grandmother, Cecilia, stated softly. "All you do now is drink. You can't just give up on life because of one little thing. Your mother would not want you to live like this."

"Grandma, I don't want to hear it." Lyric said, as she continued to sulk on the couch.

"Alright, that's it." Her grandmother walked over to her with a fast pace, snatching the Hennessy bottle from her soft hands. "I'm tired of you feeling sorry for yourself. It's been a whole year since yo momma died. Get your shit together! Your throwing your freaking life away. Your pushing everybody who loves you away and just giving up! That ends now. Call that man that offered you that modeling job back or that woman Robyn! Your passing up big freaking chances, for what? So people will feel sorry for you? That ends today Lyric. Get your shit together or you gotta leave my house."

Lyric knew that everything her grandma had said was right, but she was honestly afraid to face reality and the truth without her mom standing by her side.

Lyric wiped her tears, before pulling out her phone to text Robyn back, hoping that it wasn't too late.

Hey, it's Lyric! I know I'm late... but does that offer still stand??

Robyn 🖤: You finally decided to hit me up 😏?

Yea.. I apologize, I lost my mother and lost my real purpose of life. I understand if it's too late though.

Robyn 🖤: Meet me @8 a.m. tomorrow @ this address.

Lyric was appreciative of this second chance and would forever be grateful. She was honestly disappointed that she had wasted an entire year of her life on mourning. She had lost lots of friends, even Jade. She remembered that night like it was yesterday.