T: 7

Lyric Bailee Zhiloh

I rolled my almond shaped eyes as some of the victims in the room shared their story and experiences, I did not want to be in this inadequate gloomy area with these miserable and depressing individuals

I rolled my almond shaped eyes as some of the victims in the room shared their story and experiences, I did not want to be in this inadequate gloomy area with these miserable and depressing individuals. They made themselves seem weak and vulnerable.

"So, how did you react to this incident, Jade? You appear to be sort of closed off from the assemblage." The chipper group therapy conductor said to another teenage girl that was occupied on her cellular device, texting continuously, and chewing very vigorously on her Double Mint bubble gum. She looked up from her phone, looking sort of agitated, with a hateful glint in her eyes.

"Well, I wasn't raped like some of the females in this room, because I would never allow a man to even touch me in that manner

"Well, I wasn't raped like some of the females in this room, because I would never allow a man to even touch me in that manner. But I-" Her inconsiderate statement made me very angry, so I stepped in on behalf of all the rape victims in the room.

"Excuse you, but what you said was very insensitive and I believe that every rape victim in this room deserves an apology. It's not our fault that the dominant and aggressive gender decided that they could not keep their hands to themselves. Now, I was raped at a very young age by a man that I loved and trusted as an uncle. So, it's not about what you allow, think before you speak next time." I declared and by the time I concluded, I was sure that there was vapor exuding out of my eardrum.

I clutched my generic branded handbag that had remained on the side of my thighs in the cream-colored seat in rage. People should really begin considering their words before they speak, definitely, in a space similar to this or they could utterly get punched.

The girl who had said the inconsiderate words stared at me with an expression of disturbance. It's not my liability that she wasn't raised with manners.

"I wasn't trying to be rude. But as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," I wanted so badly to reach across the circle and let her face and my right-hand become best friends, but I knew that this was not the place nor the time to react on impulse. "As I child, my father whom I had resided with, as well as my mother, were sentenced to life in prison. It was claimed that my father had murdered an individual and my mother was an accomplice to the crime. I didn't want to go to foster care because I had heard in school about the things that happened there, so I ran away and grew up on the streets." She said, as her eyes became red and cloudy like tears would escape at any moment. "But, now, I own a cosmetics business called Shaded by Jade." She claimed, and that comment left a momentary grin on her face.