-.-.-2-.-.-

No one's Pov:

Things were really calming for everyone, especially the Order. At last, they have all decided to have a long break from exploring and treasure hunting. Petra was a bit glad, she wanted to have some time for herself, but she knew that she also wanted to spend some time with Jesse, alone. Of course, Jesse had other plans of his own, so Petra decided not to bother him and let him enjoy himself. 

Petra was strolling around the forest, but unknown to her, Jesse was hiding  behind the trees way ahead of her with a jewelry box on his hand. Jesse was a nervous wreck, but he tried his best not to show it. He wants to give her something, as well as to tell her something very important. He couldn't hide it anymore, he disparately wanted to tell her something he was holding in his chest. Jesse perked up when he heard footsteps getting closer, he peaked his head  and saw the familiar orange flaming hair girl walking near him. He smiled when he saw her. When Petra was near him, Jesse came out of the trees and made sure the small jewelry box was on his back.

Petra was quite surprise to see Jesse come out of nowhere. He looked nervous and he was hiding something. 

"Hey Jesse. What's up?" She asked.

"Uh well...I...I want to... tell you something...." Jesse spoke nervously as he looked away and scratched the back of his neck.

Petra was quite surprised, but mostly confused. Why would Jesse speak to her? Did something horrible happened?

"What is it?" She asked with curiosity in her eyes .

"W-well... I.... Uh.... I..."

"Why is it so difficult for me to tell a woman?"

"You what Jesse."

Jesse looked at his back and and saw the jewelry box on his hand, he gain the confident to finally speak. He looked at Petra's brown chocolate eyes once again and sighed before he spoke once again.

"Petra... I wanted to tell you this for quite some time... I was always afraid on how you'll react, but I know I can't keep hiding this forever..."

Petra tilted her head a bit while raising an eyebrow, clearly still confused on what's happening right now. Jesse felt sweat form on his forehead. The words were stuck in his throat, he tried to get them out, but it was hopeless.

"Why now?"

In the end, Jesse decided not to use words, he used action. He went forward to be near Petra, which surprised Petra a bit and leaned in to let his lips touch hers. Petra was tense, shock at the sudden action. She wasn't expecting Jesse to do this. She really didn't care, after a few moments, she kissed him back. The kiss was soft and passionate, but it was also short. They pulled away, but still kept their foreheads in touch. They both had smiles on their faces along with a small blush on his face

"I love you..." He spoke without thinking.

Jesse was regretting saying those words when Petra turned around and said nothing. He sighed, believing he was rejected. However, unknown to him, Petra was smiling and blushing a little as her fingers touched her lips. Jesse sighed and left, but not before he tapped Petra's shoulder, getting her attention and giving her the jewelry box.

"Think about it..." He said calmly before he left with a sad smile.

Petra watched as Jesse left. Once he was out of view, she looked at the jewelry box he had given her. She felt the blush creep on her face again and smiled as she opened it. She saw a silver ring with an emerald stone, her birthstone. She noticed a small piece of paper in there and she pulled it out and unfolded it. 

"If you wear this ring, I promise that I will love you until the day I breathe my final breath."

Petra looked around and saw no one. She turned around and left, disappearing to the sunset. But not before you see a small bright light shinning over her finger with a small smile on Petra's face.

A/N: Heads up for the Smut next chapter!