-.-.-23-.-.-

No one's Pov:

"You jerk! Why did you lie to me!?"

Jesse simply stayed quiet while he caressed his bruised cheek where Petra had slapped him earlier. They were currently in their house as soon as he dragged her all the way back here while Jessica dragged Lukas with the help of Dark Beat. He was waiting for her to cool down and stop throwing words over his face.

"Petra, I know you're mad-"

"Mad!? I'm not mad! I'm furious! Why the hell did you lie to me!? I trusted you!"

"Petra calm down! Look, I get it, your furious and hurt for lying to you, but you need to understand everything Jessica and I had faced was best to keep a secret."

"But why didn't you tell me you were once married!? Or had a child!?"

Jesse stayed quiet and Petra scowled.

"Exactly!"

Jesse gave her a depressed look and turned away.

"I lost them Petra. You even heard it from DB herself. They were slaughter just like my parents. I didn't want to lose you the same way I lost them, so I kept it a secret." Jesse sniffed as tears fell from his cheek, "But only did I realized I was a bigger fool. The one who killed them is slowly awakening from the forever sleep spell and will come back to take revenge."

Petra felt a pinch of guilt on her heart. She never seen Jesse cry. Not since Reuben's death. She was still pissed off at Jesse for lying to her, but hearing how he lost them made her feel, very guilty from bringing up.

"Who are you up against anyway?" She asked.

Jesse said nothing, at first. "His true name is unknown....But we call him Kaoso."

"Kaoso?"

"Kaoso..." confirmed Jesse. "My parents as well as Dark Beat's parents were the very few of the remaining group of heroes which were forgotten."

"Our ancestors fought against Kaoso for centuries. From what I remembered, my parents told me Kaoso was once a man who let greed and desire take over his heart. Madness took over his mind and drove him into getting power and becoming immortal"

Petra was silent at the info Jesse was giving her, but she nodded to tell him to continue.

"Kaoso was of course put a stopped to it when my ancestor as well as Dark's ancestor were in his way. To make sure he doesn't total destruction, they fought for years. In the end, they won. Unfortunately, due to Kaoso having his powers, our ancestors weren't able to kill him. So they did what was best. They put him in forever sleep and buried him deep underground."

"In forever sleep? But didn't....Dark was it? Well, didn't she say something about three weeks?"

Jesse nodded as he turned around to look at her. "That's right. Apparently Kaoso created minions with his dark magic. They were willing to do anything to release their master. Our families fought them for years, and when it was our parents turn, they were slaughtered before they could even complete a year in the clan."

"So...?"

"So Jessica, Dark and myself had to continue the family's work. But before we could do any of that, we learned that Dark had the ability to use the darkness against the darkness. An example being that she can feel everything within every shadow."

"So THAT's how she figured out where we were hiding. But, h-"

 "How? It's beyond us, but we found it useful. And that's how her nickname was born." Jesse chuckled.