12

POV: Jimin
I didn't understand why Seokjin was getting so many threats, but they had to stop immediately. I couldn't let this continue.

"There's nothing we can do," Jin would sigh, telling me to change the subject and move on. "Just leave it, okay? There's no point in worrying about it. They're all just some empty threats, they won't do us any harm, I promise that."

"How can you promise something like that when even you're unsure about the possible consequences? You're not fooling anyone, Kim Seokjin!" I huffed. "If you're seriously trying to tell yourself that everything is okay, then you should probably know that it's clearly not working. I can basically see the amount of panic in you! This is why this has to stop! I can't bear to see you like this! All shaky, and scared, and not wanting to go out just because of these stupid anonymous texts! They've gotta go! Right now!" I demanded that he'd do something about it.

"Just leave it, they'll stop sooner or later. They're gonna give up, eventually," he said, trying to stay calm over it. "What these people want is a reaction from us. They take pleasure over seeing us all panicked and whatever, so if we don't give them what they want, they'll stop it. They'll stop sending me weird texts because they know it's no longer any fun since I would refuse to do anything about it. Do you understand?" his face was scrunched up angrily, and his cheeks were boiling red.

"It won't work. They'll just keep sending you more and more until they get what they want, won't they? Besides, we already know the creep who's sending these messages, don't we?"

"I'm telling you now, my father doesn't have anything to do with this. I don't think he's that sort of person to threaten his own son. I don't think so,"

"Well, he's beaten up his own son before though, hasn't he?" the tone of my voice became sharper, crisper. "I don't see why he wouldn't threaten you to do any more than that! Why are you taking his side?! He abused you, Seokjin! He abused everyone! I don't understand why you should take his side and defend him! He deserves to be locked up in jail forever until he dies! That's all he deserves!" I screamed.

"Why has he escaped, then?"

"W-what?"

"Why is he on the loose, then? Why isn't he still locked up behind bars if he doesn't deserve it?"

"I-I don't know."

"It's because he wants revenge. He wants to kill me. End of story."

"So, why are you letting those texts continue? If you already know that you're going to be killed if you don't do something about it? Why would you do that? That's like asking to die!"

"Well, why else do you think?" he looked me straight in the eye.

"N-no..." I shook my head. "You can't be, can you?" I felt tears forming in the back of my eyes as I tried to blink them away. "You don't really want to die, do you? You're not suicidal, are you?"