Chapter 4-Terminus Point

"All my life I was never there...just a ghost...running scared..."

"Mommy why is daddy on the floor? Mama?", asked Jay with panic growing in his voice as Anka stood petrified in the door frame.

"Jay, cupcake I want you to go with nana alright? Take your brother and sister as well. I will call you soon! Please!", said Anka quickly as she got over the panic and inside the house next to Jared's inert body.

She kneeled in front of him and checked his pulse. No sign of it.

"Come on, come on...please don't die on me...not now when we just found each other again...come on Jay!", she screamed, tears running down her eyes as she called 911.

She put the phone down on the floor on speaker as she tried to remember the emergency procedures in case of a cardiac arrest. There was no sign of pulse and Jared's color went from his natural pale to an even paler color.

"How long has your husband been like this Mrs. Leto?", asked the dispatch as she noted the address.

"I don't know I just found him like this. Me and my mother in law were out with the kids...Please hurry, he is turning almost blue and CPR doesn't work. Please hurry I don't want to lose him.", said Anka through tears as she pressed on Jared's chest.

"A team was notified and is on their way as we speak! Is there anyone else with you at the moment? Does your husband suffer from any heart conditions?"

"No, he doesn't. He suffers from asthma. Please hurry! I'm not getting any pulse or reaction from him!"

"Does your husband do drugs? Or consumes alcohol?"

"He has been clean for the last five months.", admitted Anka.

"The medical team is one minute away from you. Please stay calm."

Anka hung up and the realization that Jared and her might not make it out of this one hit her straight in the head. Still, she kept on pressing on Jared's chest until the medical team took over. She stood inert on the floor as the medical team tried to resuscitate Jared.

"Mrs. Leto?", said one of  the doctors as he turned to her.

She nodded softly as they saw them pull Jared's body on a stretcher. The doctor helped her up and Anka let out a wild scream as they saw them covering Jared's face with a sheet.

"I'm really sorry Mrs. Leto. Your husband has already passed away before we arrived here. There was really nothing that we could do. We have to take his body to the morgue so that we can confirm a time of death and the causes, but from the looks of it it was a heart attack. I'm really sorry.", said the man as he held her up.

"No, no, this can't be happening right now. No...NOOO!", said Anka falling to her knees.

"I'm terribly sorry Mrs. Leto. Do you have anyone you wish to call over?"

"My brother in law and my mother in law...she is with the kids...It was enough my son saw his father like this...I sent her away...", said Anka, as she retraced her steps.

The man nodded sadly as he assured her once more they are taking her husband's body to the morgue. She just stood there, looking in the distance, still trying to process everything.

It wasn't possible. Jared and her were finally on the right track. He started to remember things, how they were before. He paid attention to his children. He was focusing on a new album. They were going on the right direction...And now she was all alone...

A woman came to her and placed her hand on Anka's shoulder.

"We will take the body to the morgue and you will be notified when to come and collect it. Given the situation you will have priority. You did what you could given the situation. Is there anyone you'd like to call right now to come and stay with you?", she asked as she gave Anka a sad look.