Chapter 20-Decisions

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same..."

"You have to stay in bed. It's an order.", said Jared as Anka tried getting out of bed.

"But I need to take my parents and the kids to the airport. The holidays are nearly over and I don't want them to miss out on their school and kindergarten. And I don't see you being able to do it. If you're spotted then you are a bit screwed.", said Anka.

"About the kids going back to Romania...When are you gonna bring the kids back to Los Angeles to stay with us?", asked Jared.

"When they will finish their school year. It's important for them to have an education Jay. And it's important for them to feel that they belong somewhere too. They have made friends there. It's not fair for me to just uproot them like that. With all the touring and everything that happened lately they are still extremely confused. Especially Jay. His father died and he came back. He is only eight Jared. He has been through far too many things in the last two years..."

Jared sighed but he knew Anka was right. Ever since he came into their lives it was a whirlwind of confusion for the little boy. He had found a father and then his father had the accident in which he didn't remember him and then his father supposedly died. And now he was alive and well. Every belief he once had was now put at doubt.

It was hard for an adult to understand what Jared did. For a child especially Jay's age it was very confusing. He developed a lot of weird habits, especially the one where he talked to random objects, thinking they were real people. The concepts of death and life were foreign to him and Anka was afraid that some other crazier things might come up over the years.

She knew it was crucial to give him a little normalcy. And Romania was exactly what he needed. He started to have friends, he was going on play dates and her mother even enrolled him to tennis classes.

"You're right. It's all my fault. And I am extremely sorry."

"Yes, I can't ignore that. This was by far the weirdest and most twisted thing you ever did. In your entire life. Now let's go, the kids are waiting for us.", said Anka as she put some clothes on.

Jared sighed and admitted to himself that Anka had a point. Everyone told him that what he did was unnecessary and also incredibly stupid. If word came out that he was still alive he would be in a great deal of trouble. And he would also put his family at great risks.

He hugged and kissed all three of the kids and they slightly protested when they had to say goodbye to them.

"Why can't we just stay here with you?", asked Jay as he threw his father an accusatory look.

"Because you need to finish your school year.", replied Jared.

"Why can't I just finish it here?"

"Because you need a bit of normal in your lives. I promise that it's only gonna be for a couple of months. That's it. And then we are all going to be together. Like a family.", said Jared.

"But you and Mama are here. Why can't we be here?", asked the little boy.

Anka kneeled in front of her eldest son and took his hand.

"Cupcake, I promise me and daddy will come and visit as much as possible...things...are a bit complicated right now...but as soon as everything is sorted out we are going to come and visit. Mama still has some things to finish at work, but daddy, daddy will come to visit you as soon as...", said Anka hugging the boy.

"Is it because you're sick? I heard daddy talking with grandmama about it."

"No sweetie I'm not sick. It's just work. I have to see what happened with the tour and Camp. You guys enjoyed Camp didn't you?", asked Anka as she gave Jared a glare.