Chapter 13-The Reveal

"Tears fall on fresh dirt begging for a last goodbye..."

"What's wrong guys? Why did you come from Europe to Los Angeles at this manner? What's the urgency?", asked Tomo as he took a seat at the long table in the AIW conference room.

Anka didn't even bother to reply. She sat at the head of the table, fiddling Jared's phone in her hands. Everyone took their seats one by one, waiting for her to say something. No one ever saw her this tense in the last months she had been in charge. Not even when she decided to begin touring with Mars. She took a deep breath as she put Jared's phone on the table.

"I want to release  Emma Ludbrook from the position of COO.", she said firmly.

Everyone went silent for a couple of minutes, then Richard Madsen the CEO of AIW started to speak.

"Is there a valid reason to that Anka? I mean with the Camp coming up and with all the deals she is in charge of and the tour...I feel that it's a hasty decision. Not to mention a stupid one. I know you don't interact too well with her but I have to stand by her side..."

"This has nothing to do with me not liking her. Or the other way round. You know very well that I have been nothing more than professional these last months."

"I know, but still, why do you want to fire her?"

"I don't want to fire her Richard. I just want to put someone else in charge of AIW and whatever else she is working on. Emma, care to explain to everyone why I am taking this decision?", asked Anka, throwing Emma a pointy glare.

Emma's cheeks turned red and her stare was focused on the shiny surface of the table.

"Nothing? Oh well, I guess I have to say it then. As much as I like Emma's approach on business and regardless my dislike for her...there was...a slight...let's say breach, in her contract.", said Anka, standing up.

"What breach of contract? Anka you do realise that those deals she works on go through a lot of hands, one being yours. You approved everything."

The words she said shot in the air like daggers. Anka rested her hands on the table as she continued. Ella gave her a confused look. She knew Anka didn't really care too much about the fact that Emma didn't like her too much, but she felt that Anka was taking things a bit too far.

"Anka, I know you and Emma didn't have the best of relationships, but Richard does have a point. What is wrong? Why did you have to travel all the way to London for? I'm sure this could've been solved over the phone."

"It couldn't have been solved through the phone. I don't deny her abilities or how much revenue her contracts have generated but...as I said...there's a breach in contract. And no, this problem couldn't have been solved over the phone...", said Anka.

"Okay, let's say for a moment that I will agree to this decision of yours...but please present me all the facts."

"Actually no, I take it back. I don't even want to see her shadow as from today in AIW, Sisyphus, Paradox or any other business Jared started. Since the California law doesn't really allow me to fire a pregnant woman, you will receive the same salary plus compensations, for the next four years, plus your child school tuitions paid. And I'm being very generous."

The entire board of directors gasped in shock at the news Emma was pregnant.

"Anka, but a child is great news for Emma. I mean, she is the hardest working person here. She is good for the team...", started Tomo.

"I'm sorry Tomo, didn't you hear me say the word breach in contract? Or do I have to repeat myself? Emma, just because I didn't want to bother myself with Jared's business while he was alive it doesn't mean that I won't be bothered by them now. Especially when things like this start to happen.", said Anka returning her stare at Emma, who was nearly on the point of crying.