Chapter 14-The Connection

"A million little pieces, we've broken into...a million little pieces I've stolen from you..."

VyRT

GlitterAndDust: OMG! Did you guys hear the news? Emma left AIW! There was a statement on the company's twitter page. I wonder what happened.

GemmaGeminy: she's pregnant and can't focus anymore on work. That's what it is. She announced it on instagram. Seems only logical at this point for her to take this decision and step back. First baby and all, totally understandable.

LizaEcheGirl: I'm so happy that she is preggers. And I'm also happy that I'm at camp mars!!!

Echelon4eva: can we focus on the fact that today is the first day of camp? A friend of mine who's there spotted Anka and the kids!they look exactly like mini-Jareds!

GemmaGeminy: jelly right now! I wish I saw them.bet they are sooooo cute! Any photos?

LizaEcheGirl: I'm in camp right now! I spotted them too! They are indeed adorable! But did you guys see how distracted Anka has been since the EMAs? Someone said she was super cold at one of the meet and greets.

ElizaG: I was at the meet and greet in London. She was super distracted. Seems there was something going on.

GlitterAndDust: I know! It's like she doesn't feel it anymore. Like she wants to get it over with.Also she isn't wearing her wedding ring and engagement ring!wonder what happened...

LizaEcheGirl: I thought I was the one seeing things.thanks for clarifying that.she was waving her hand at the opening speech and I didn't see her wearing them either. Where is TheDoctor now?

TheDoctor: I'm here why?

LizaEcheGirl: i remember you said you knew Anka. Did she tell you anything? I know Ella Pierce is the new COO of AIW, but did she slip anything else to you?

TheDoctor: Nope.and even if she did I wouldn't tell you. It's her privacy. Let's not intrude in that.

***

In reality Jennie, also known as TheDoctor, knew exactly what the situation was, more or less. Mirka was now promoted to the role of management and the second the shift took place Anka called her to ask if she wanted a job as her personal assistant.

"It's not much of a job. It's really hectic, but I believe you will handle it very well. I never forget my friends and our Twitter conversations.", said Anka in her call.

"Thank you for this opportunity Anka. You know I would've never asked..."

"I know you wouldn't. And I'm sorry this came so late. Far too late for my liking. I'm sorry about that. I should've thought about you first...I'm terribly sorry..."

"It's alright better late than never...I'm glad you remembered though.

The two women became friends years ago over a chat on Vyrt. Long before Anka was famous. Long before she would even dream of meeting Jared. They would often spend their time imagining various scenarios for their own amusement. And when the scenarios became a reality for Anka, Jennie was more than happy for her. She was one of her few friends from her old life who attended her wedding.

"Your children are so cute! The last time we saw each other you were pregnant!", said Jennie as Anka was struggling to dress up Jo in a pink sundress."

"If you think they are cute now, wait until you hear all three of them screaming at once.", said Anka buttoning the little girl's dress.

"They look more like Jared than you. I know Jay isn't technically yours, but the other two almost look nothing like you."