Chapter 11-The Tour

"And I thought I was yours forever...maybe I was mistaken..."

May 4th-Day 1 of Rebirth Tour

The first show that the new version of the band was going to play was in Toronto, Canada. They decided to start up north and have their final show of the American leg of the tour in Los Angeles.

It was a sold out show and everyone thought it was a good start to everything. Shannon and Tomo were relaxing backstage, while Anka was pacing up and down the dressing room. Mia, her stylist for this tour chose her a pair of leather pants, boots and she made some adjustments to a shirt Anka had.

Her hair was slicked back and her makeup was very dark. When she got into the lounge room Tomo and Shannon barely recognized her. She was rock and roll and she was glamorous at the same time.

"Holy guacamole you look different!", said Tomo in admiration.

"I feel different. I'm so fucking nervous right now I might forget the lyrics..."

"You're going to be fine. It's going to be fine.", said Shannon softly.

"I somehow doubt that.", said Anka softly.

It was actually happening. They were on tour. Mars was here. The sensation of panic started to grow in Anka's stomach as she was signaled to get to the stage. She decided to start the set  as Jared started a couple of times with 'Escape' only to launch afterwards in a song called 'Desire' off the new album.

The crowd reacted unexpectedly well as Anka finished the song.

"Hello and welcome to the first show of the Rebirth Tour. I want to thank all of you guys that came to see us and that came to pay their tribute to Jared. Times like these aren't easy...this next song doesn't need an introduction. So I'm thinking we should go straight into it...", she said as she took a guitar from someone in the staff.

As soon as the emotions and nerves faded Anka went straight into performer mode. She turned into a force, blowing away the audience, playing her own songs and Mars songs as well. The concert went on smoothly, with the fans screaming their names.

"Wow...we're down at the last four songs of the evening...how did time fly Shannon? Tomo? Anyone?", she asked as she took a seat on stage.

"I have no idea, guess time flies when you're having fun.", giggled Shannon.

"This song...oh...this song...I don't know if you guys saw it when I played it in Los Angeles...wow...this memory seems so far away right now...I remember we all had to sing it loud enough to make Jay come on stage...wow...maybe if we sing it loud enough Jay will make an appearance?", she asked the crowd as she started playing 'Hurricane'.

She could see the look on the people in the crowd. By the time she started playing 'Alibi' they all had tears in their eyes and were holding their phones up in the air, making the venue drown into a sea of lights. In the background a video with Jared was playing as well...She and Shannon worked on it for the last couple of weeks helped by Dai.

In the background Jared playing with his eldest son was streaming. Anka threw a quick glance at the screen and felt her eyes filling up with tears.

The image slowly changed into a video of Jared, Shannon and Tomo in the Lab.

"No warning sign...no alibi...we're fading faster than the speed of light...", sung Anka as a video of her and Jared appeared on screen.