Chapter 6-Final Goodbye?

"There's this image of you and I and it goes dancing by in the morning and in the nighttime..."

Suddenly Shannon's mind was blank of any thought. He didn't know what to say anymore. He looked into Anka's eyes and saw a hint of smile on her face. He forgot why he felt so much rage against her the last two days. He even regretted all the bad words he said to Anka. He simply just stared at her and then at Jared. She looked so frail and delicate next to the kids, all teared up and he immediately regretted every argument they ever had...

"Jared...oh...Jay...wow...I'm lost for words...I thought I had it all ready and prepared, but I guess I didn't realize how hard saying goodbye to your brother is...until now. I was the kid that always broke the law, the kid that never had a good trajectory in his life. I did drugs and I drank alcohol and I was nearly at the point of dying. My little brother was there for me cleaning up the mess...although I think it should've been the other way around. And then I had an idea. I thought of starting a band. Basically because I was sick of Jared always cleaning up my mess. A thing he did even after we started the band. We always dreamt of how it would be if we became famous, the things we'd do with the money...and when we had it all, all our plans kinda went to dust...but not for Jay, no, Jay was always the focused one. He worked day in day out, most of the times him being the one that left late and arriving early. He always gave the others the impression he had everything under control, even when he didn't. I remember...when we were little I didn't want to hang out with him...he was scared of heights, scared of the dark, scared of everything around him. And I never wanted to be around someone who was scared...but then I realized I had to stand up and take my role as a big brother. Jared, Jared was always afraid of being lonely. I guess he felt alone most of his life, not knowing whether to trust anyone. He trusted his family, but he would rarely confide in anyone else...until he met Anka. And then I saw a side of him that I never thought I'd see. He fought for her, and together they were unstoppable. If there was something that Jared loved more than music and his family, then that person was Anka. Jay...until we meet again...", concluded Shannon as he approached his brother's coffin.

Anka stood up and hugged Shannon. He murmured an excuse in her ear and she nodded, giving him a faint smile. She approached the podium unsure of what she was going to say. She looked in Jared's direction and then at the photo that was filled with white and red roses.

She then cleared her throat and looked at the audience. Her voice was shaky and she gripped even tighter into the podium. She looked at her three kids and then smiled briefly. Now she knew what she had to say.

"Hello and thank you once again for being here. When I was a teenager, I grew up listening to Thirty Seconds to Mars, and grew up with a dream. My dream was to meet the three people that have inspired me and to thank them for everything they have done in their own way to mould me into the person I am now. Little that I knew that faith had something else in store for me. I met Jared five years ago while he was filming for 'The Outsider'. He sort of came into my life without me even wanting it. And stuck in it. We never had a perfect relationship, we had our fights, our mistakes, and, as Jared told me once, I could've found all the wrong reasons for us not to be together. But all those reasons made me want to stick with him even more. Jared came in my life at a point where I had lost all hope, a point where I was lost and, strangely he was the one that believed the most in me. He was my best friend, the father of our children and he will always be the love of my life. Yes, we were far from perfect, but as imperfect as we were we fitted each other so well. We never thought what tomorrow would bring us, we always lived in the moment. Jared was everything for me, just as I know I was everything for him. He was a teacher. He taught me how to fight and stand up for myself and for the people I love...he taught me to seek perfection in all these imperfect moments...he gave me a second family and tree beautiful children that I am proud each day. You may be gone Jay, but you will never be forgotten.", said Anka softly as she went next to Constance.