Chapter 17: Jealous

Dinah's POV

The day after my family left, I came down to the kitchen and found Normani on her tiptoes searching for something on the top shelf of a cabinet. She was just wearing one of my flannels and panties. She's so fucking sexy. I could get used to waking up to this sight every morning.

I wrapped my arms around Normani from the back, kissed the side of her head, and said, "Good morning, beautiful, need help?"

"Good morning, DJ!" Normani said, sinking back against me, "Can you get me that can of beans?"

I reached over her and grabbed the can easily, "Here you go, Princess."

Normani turned around in my arms, and put her arms around my neck. "You're my hero, Dinahsaur," she said and pulled me in for a nice long kiss.

My heart swelled and I longed to be Normani's hero more times as I kissed her back. I had feelings for her, but I had no idea how she felt about me. But I'd promised her that I wouldn't let anything ruin our friendship, so I refrained from telling her how I felt. Instead, I tried showing her.

I helped Normani keep the house clean, even though I hated chores. The first time I volunteered to do the dishes for her, she actually watched over me to make sure it wasn't one of my pranks. When Normani came home exhausted from dance, I drew her baths and even piggy backed her around the house cuz I knew she was sore. After I did something nice for her, Normani would always flash me her million-dollar smile, and I'd find myself falling harder for her.

Toward the end of the summer session, one of Normani's dance friends threw a house party and Normani invited me to come along. We were sitting together on the couch with our drinks and talking to some of her friends, when a handsome chocolate dude came up to us. He asked Normani to dance and she didn't even hesitate or look at me when she accepted.

I tried hard not to look at them, but my eyes had a mind of their own. Jealousy shot through my body every time I saw his hands touching Normani's body. I'd never felt that jealous before; not even when girls used to flirt with Jarryd, because I trusted him and our relationship. Now, I just felt stupid for thinking that Normani could like me back. She'd had her mind made up about the life she wanted a long time ago. Normani wanted a man and I definitely was no fucking prince. Sitting there sulking about it wasn't going to make Normani change her mind, so I thought I might as well prepare myself for when she left me.

I chugged the rest of my drink and noticed one of Normani's friends checking me out, so I asked the girl to dance. I gripped the girl's hips as she ground herself into me. The girl was no Normani, but I just kept dancing with her so I didn't have to watch my crush make out with some hot guy. After a while, I forgot about Normani and started kissing down the girl's neck, while she gripped the back of my head encouragingly. Suddenly, someone bumped into us. I stumbled and the girl who I was dancing with shot off of me.

"Ooops, sorry Felicia," I heard a familiar voice slur.

I looked around and saw Normani glaring at me. I was just about to ask her what the fuck all that was about, when Normani grabbed me and started grinding on me. I was drunk and weak, so I gave in immediately and pulled her firmly against me. Normani danced with me in a way that she hadn't danced with me before. Her movements were extra sensual and seductive. Almost desperate.

"Let's get out of here, DJ. I need you to take me home and do me good," Normani said drunkenly against my ear and bit my lobe.

I shuddered and slurred, "What about Mr. Hot Chocolate?"

"Make me forget his name and I'll make you forget her."

That's when it hit me: I wasn't the only one catching the feels. Normani was jealous too.