1.

An annoying buzz woke Kirstie up from her slumber, but she didn't care. She woke up happier than usual because everything was right with the world. She was temporarily living in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with her best friend, life couldn't get any better. 

Actually, it could get better.

Life would've been absolutely perfect if she was in a relationship, but Avi Kaplan was only seeking friendship this very moment, and she had to respect that. She was just thankful that she had her dragon back, she thought she had lost him forever. She turned over to switch the alarm off on her phone, when a familiar scent had caught her attention. 

The smell dragged her out of bed and into the kitchen, where Avi was cooking up a storm. Kirstie couldn't help but smile, he was adorable. "Good morning," Kirstie mumbled into the crook of Avi's neck as she hugged him from behind. She left a quick kiss on his shoulder before filling up her mug with coffee. For anyone else, they would've seen like a couple, but this was a normal routine for Kirstin and Avi. It started a week ago, when Kirstie first moved in.

"I just moved in and you're already making me breakfast?" Kirstie grinned, staring at the feast in front of her. Crispy bacon, pancakes covered in maple syrup, eggs to feed a nation, Avi was spoiling her tremendously.

"Yes, now shush and eat your breakfast before it gets cold," Avi chuckled while frying some more bacon. Kirstie bit her lip, she wanted to hug him but she didn't know how he would take it. Would it be pushing the boundaries and the rules that they set up? She decided to go with it, she hugged him from behind and kissed him lightly on his shoulder. 

"Thanks dragon." 

Kirstie smiled to herself, thinking back to the day that seems like it happened months ago, even though it was just last week. At first she felt bad that Avi had to make them breakfast everyday, but then they made an agreement that Kirstie would cook dinner every night. They were basically a couple, except without the kissing, that was the only downside.

"And why are you so smiley?" Avi teased, noticing the huge grin on his friend's face. He was done cooking, so he took a seat opposite Kirstie by the table. 

"Do I need a reason to be happy?" Kirstie teased back, sticking out her tongue. They continued to chat for the rest of their breakfast, along with some playful touches here and there. They bickered over who was going to wash up, with Kirstie winning in the end.

Life couldn't be better.

Sorry this chapter is so short, but I really wanted to post the first chapter today :) ALSO ITS THE GRAMMYS TODAY AHHHH I HOPE PENTATONIX WINS AGAIN