Chapter 3

"Come on, James!" shouted Trainer Brook impatiently.

I swam quickly across the edge of the pool leading to the large training pool.

I saw a very unpleasant looking man with grey eyes that coldly stared at me.

"I am Trainer Brook. You have to obey my commands, " explained Trainer Brook rudely, "Well, what are you waiting for? Get into your position."

I slowly moved backward, my head facing Trainer Brook.

"Today, we are going to learn the 3 commands: the first one is when I blow the whistle once, you come to me. If I blow the whistle twice, you start the performance and if I blow the whistle three times, you will stop what you're doing immediately. Do you understand?" asked Trainer Brook.

I screeched, signalling that I understood every word that he was saying.

Trainer Brook blew the whistle once and I immediately dashed toward him.

"Too slow; you're not getting any reward for that," said Trainer Brook lazily.

I was annoyed but didn't complain or fight with his offensive words, even though I found it extremely unfair.

"Okay, now you have to do a flip in the air. I will teach you how to do that in a minute. But first, you will get your punishment for coming to me too slowly." said Trainer Brook harshly.

He walked a few steps away and I saw that he went inside a small shed. He came out with a long rope and walked towards me. He whipped me and then, I felt pain. This was the first time I had ever been physically hurt. I started whimpering, but Trainer Brook didn't care.

"Stop with that nonsense. Now, I will teach you how to do a flip."

Trainer Brook explained the steps to do a flip step-by-step and ,after 3 tries, I managed to finally do it.

Trainer Brook then blew his whistle once and I swam as fast as I could possibly swim, and he was finally satisfied. Though I did a good job, all I got was a tiny fish from the metal bucket beside him.

"That is enough for today. We will do thorough training daily, sometimes you will get another trainer, but for now, I am your main trainer. Well, what are you doing! This pool is not yours, run along," said Trainer Brook impolitely.

I was exhausted after training, so I went to the other pool and crashed swiftly. I missed my mother and I wished that I could see her again. But this was my new life., and I was starting to adapt to it but I wasn't enjoying interacting with the mean trainer, Brook.