001

Riley's POV

He gets pushed around all the time, for something he can't even control. They call him names, rip up his work.

He's so innocent and fragile.

Harry Styles.

Today I have decided that I am going to talk to him.

I walk over to where he is standing, he is facing the ground with his books tucked close to his chest, a small pout on his face.

"Hey Harry." I said with a bright smile on my face.

His eyes shot up and he had a look of shock etched on his face.

"M-m-me?" He answered, the pout still visible on his face.

"Well your name is Harry right?" I asked.

"Y-y-yeah m-my name i-is Harry." he replied, looking back down at the floor.

"I-i d-don't want t-to be r-rude but why a-are you t-talking to m-me?" he politely asked.

"I was wondering if you wanted to be friends?"

"F-friends?" he looked up again, with hope gleaming in his eyes.

"Yes friends." I smiled

"I-is this a j-joke b-between your f-friends?" He whispered.

"No, no, no I only have one friend." I awkwardly laugh.

"More t-than m-me." He chuckles.

"Here, let me put my number in your phone and we can text each other later." I say while Harry just smiles, handing me his phone.

I text myself on his phone, so I get his number then I hand it back to him.

"W-whats your n-name?" He questioned.

"Riley." I answered, tucking a strand of hair behind my ears.

"T-that's a p-pretty n-name." He said, looking back down to the ground, a small blush creeping up on his cheeks.

"T-thank you." I beamed.

"I'll text you later Harry." I waved and began to walk back to my locker.

~~~~~~~~

Riley: Hey Harry its meee

Riley: Riley

Harry: Hello.

Riley: I really love your hair! Its just sooooo curly!

Riley: I'm jealous

Harry: Thank you.

Harry: you have nice hair too! :)))

Riley: Woahh

Harry: What? did i say something wrong?

Riley: no its just that smiley face is very fat, hahahahahah

Harry: ohh hahaha :))))

Riley: I've got to go, need to eat obviously lol.

Harry: oohhh okay :(

Riley: this was such a short convo haha, but i'll see tomorrow Harry xx

Harry: bye Riles :))x

He called me Riles, no one has ever called me that before, I smile to myself and make my way downstairs.

~~~~~~~~

It was lunchtime and I couldn't find Harry anywhere.

I was walking down the corridor, until I stopped outside the storage room, I put my ear to the door and heard sniffling.

I slowly opened the door and saw a figure huddled in the corner, with their knees tucked to their chest. I put the flash of my phone on.

Harry.

I closed the door and ran over to him.

"Hey Harry, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I whispered, whilst cupping his tear stained cheeks, his eyes squeezing shut.

"Harry babe? You need to tell me what's wrong so I can help you." I urged, brushing his tears away with my thumbs.

"T-t-they m-make f-fun of m-me b-because of m-my s-stutter a-nd I-I h-hate i-it Riles." He quietly sobbed.

"Even though I don't know you very well, I think your stutter is what makes you, you, Harry, you shouldn't listen to them, you have me now and I'm going to help you, okay?" I sat with a small smile on my face.

"W-why d-do you w-want t-to be m-my f-friend s-so b-bad." He asked.

"Because, I think that no-one should be alone and everyone needs a friend they can come to when they need help." I replied.

"T-thank you Riles."

~~~~~~~~

I was sitting at the back of the classroom in English writing notes down, Harry was in front of me also writing notes down. Jackson, the captain of the football teams throws a scrunched up piece of paper at Harry, I furrow my eyebrows while watching Harry open the paper. I look to my right to see a massive smirk on Jackson's ugly face.

The scraping of a chair brings my attention back to Harry as I watch him grab his bag and storm out the classroom.

"What did you write?!" I stand up and shout at Jackson.

"What's it to you baby doll?" he snickered.

"What. Did. You. Write?!" I commanded.

"Stutter, stutter, stutter." He chuckled.

That was it.

I punched him.

A/N

First chapter, hoped you liked it.

Don't forget to vote.

-Cx