022

Harry's POV

"Harry, darling?" A whisper and a shake to my shoulder disturbs me from my sleepy state.

"What?" I mumble rubbing my eyes.

She turns my bedside lamp on, her face full of worry becoming clear, "Please just listen to me Harry before you do something stupid okay?" She nods, stroking my hair, I nod back. She sighs closing her eyes, "Its Riley."

The mention of my baby's name makes me sit up quickly. "What's wrong with her?' I ask, my breathing starts to increase.

"She's been taken into theatre Harry, her left lung collapsed." My ears start ringing and before I know it I'm jumping out of bed and running to my car in my pyjamas.

"Harry!" I ignore my mums calls and reverse out the drive speeding towards the hospital.

~~~

"RILEY!" I yell running through the hospital towards her room.

I run through the door to see no bed but a crying Harley in the seat which is next to the empty space.

"Harley?" I whisper, making him look up, he then stands up and walks towards me.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" He yells, shoving me back with force. "MY BABY SISTER COULD DIE!" He shoves me again, a sob escapes my lips as I realise what he just said.

He then swings his fist hitting my jaw, but I'm too numb to feel it, the thought of my girl dying much more painful.

"Harley what the fuck?" Niall yells, pushing him back, Jasmine comes to check my probably bruised jaw but I just flinch away. "Go home Harley, get some sleep." Niall tells him.

Harley walks towards the door, slamming it on his way out. I walk towards the table seeing Riley's gold necklace with a heart pendant, I pick it up dropping to my knees a fresh set of tears running down my face.

Niall's POV

"I didn't mean to." Harry keeps mumbling to himself. He is sat on the floor clutching on to Riley's necklace, his eyes are bloodshot, his hair is all over the place and he is only in his plaid pyjama bottoms and white t-shirt.

I crouch down next to him, placing my hand on his shoulder, making him flinch. "Hey, hey its okay mate, just tell me what you didn't mean to do." I ask, concerned about his state.

"I--I t-told her to go j-join her p-parents." He sobs. "I d-didn't mean to N-niall I swear!" He begs looking between Jasmine and I with vulnerable eyes.

I tell him to get up and sit in the chair that Harley was previously in, telling him to calm down.

20 minutes later he is asleep, the necklace still in his hand. I go to take it out of his hand but he furrows his eyebrows, tightening his grip, letting out a unconscious sob, I slowly step back not wanting to disturb him because he needed the sleep.

The doctor walks in with her clip board.

"Is she okay?" Jasmine croaks, her eyes also bloodshot.

"Well she is stable but we have had to put her on life support until she is strong enough to breath on her own, we will keep a close eye on her, she should be okay. The doctor nods before exiting the room.

They wheel Riley's bed back into the room, she has even more tubes attached to her now, Jasmine sniffles next to me trying not to cry.

I hug her, kissing her forehead. "It's gonna be okay sweetheart." I mumble into her hair.

"RILEY!" We turn around to see Harry standing up, stroking an unconscious Riley's hair with his shaking hands. "I'm sorry, please forgive me baby girl." He whispers, kissing every part of her face.

He looks to us, "Is it okay if I stay with her for a while?" He asks with pleading eyes.

"Sure mate, she's your girlfriend." I nod, it was four in the morning and Jasmine looked as if she could fall asleep standing. "I'm going to take her home." I say, walking out with Jasmine leaving Harry with Riley, before I shut the door I see Harry placing Riley's necklace back around her neck.

A/N
Hope you liked this chapter! Don't forget to vote x