020

Niall's POV

Jasmine and I were walking in the park hand in hand when I heard a whimper coming from the canal.

"Jas, did you hear that?" I pause, looking around.

"Yeah it sounds like someone crying." She nods. "I think it's coming from the canal." She then points.

We make our way towards the canal to see a girl with her back towards us and a bottle of vodka in her right hand, Jasmine steps forward but I stop her not knowing what this girl could do.

"We have to help her." She whispers.

"I miss you mum and dad." The girl whimpers making us both freeze.

"Riley!" Jasmine yells moving forward.

Riley jumps and turns around with wide eyes. "Stop!" She puts her hand out, tears streaming down her face. "Don't come anywhere near me." She steps backwards inches away from falling into the deep canal.

"Riley calm down." I begin to slowly walk towards her trying not to startle her anymore than she already is.

"No, no, no." She whimpers, grabbing her brown hair. "He doesn't want me anymore, he hates me and I don't know why." She lets out a small sob before stumbling back some more.

I look at Jasmine to see she is already trying to call Harley or maybe Harry.

~~~

Harry's POV

Loud music fills my ears, drunk people surround me, not a care in the world.

"Maybe you should go join your parents."

I flinch at what I had said to my Riles, I should have never said it no matter how hurt I was.

She cheated on me.

Made me feel like dirt on the bottom of her shoe.

My phone rings, Jasmine's name pops up. I just press ignore, she's probably calling to lecture me about hurting her best friend, my best friend, my girl.

I can't get over why she would do this to me.

It hurts so much.

My phone goes of again and I just sigh, deciding to turn it off. 

~~~

Niall's POV

"Who doesn't want you Riley? Speak to me please." I plead.

"I love him." She whispers. "He hates me, told me to go join my parents, maybe I should." She looks up with vulnerable eyes.

"Who told you sweetheart?" I said trying to stay calm and not get angry in front of her because of what someone told her.

"H-Harry." She whimpers.

Jasmine slowly takes the phone away from her ear and looks towards Riley.

"Riley, please come over here." Jasmine asks with a comforting smile on her face.

Riley takes another drink from the vodka bottle. If she carries on she's going to become paralytic. She then smashes the bottle on the floor and lets out an ear piercing scream.

"I WANT MY MUM AND DAD!" She screams stumbling back once again. If she steps any further she's going to fall and it's already dark outside.

~~~

Harry's POV

I decide to leave the party early because I was getting bored and I just want to lie in bed and cuddle with Ri....

No.

I turn my phone on to see I have 8 missed calls from Jasmine. I decide to call her back to see what is so important.

She picks up after the third ring.

"What do yo....."

"Harry you need to come here NOW!" Jasmine rushes making me sit up in my car more alert.

"What's going on?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"It's Riley."

"Listen Jasmine I don't really care right now."

"No you don't understand she's drunk and she's going to do something really stupid Harry, she won't let us help her!" She cries.

"Where are you?"

~~~

Niall's POV

" I didn't do anything wrong. I don't know why he hates me Niall." She whimpers. "Just let me do what I need to do, let me do what he told me to do."

"RILEY!" I turn around to see Harry running towards us a frantic look on his face once he sees the position Riley is in.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME." She screams making him stop in his tracks. "Just stop!" She starts to cry again.

"Listen baby come away from there." Harry puts his hands up in surrender.

"I didn't do anything." Riley says, wiping her wet cheeks. "Harry I love you.

"And I love you baby girl but I need you to step away from the canal." Harry says looking genuine.

~~~

Harry's POV

"You don't love me." She yells against the harsh wind. "You said you hate me that I should go join my parents. So I'm listening to you." She throws her hands in the air nearly tumbling along the edge making my heart stop, but she regains her balance.

"Please Riley." I beg tears brimming my eyes.

"No you're not allowed to cry, you done this, I thought you trusted me." She whispered the last part sounding really hurt.

Then I thought back to what happened earlier on.

~~~

"I'm sorry about you and Riley." Jackson patted my back making me frown.

"How did you know?" I ask confused because I hadn't told anyone and Riley wouldn't of told him.

"I-um-someone saw you arguing." He nods, turning away quickly.

"Those texts must of been harsh." He nods.

I frown again.

"How did you know about the texts?" I raise my eyebrows, he just shrugs his shoulders and walks away.

~~~

How could I have been so stupid and gullible.

"Baby I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry, just please come away from there, it's not safe." I beg.

"You hate me." She whimpers again.

"No, no Riles I was just angry that's all." I slowly walk towards her.

"Come on Riley, we can go to my house and watch your favourite films yeah?" Jasmine offers making Riley smile a little.

Riley steps forward, swaying side to side from the alcohol in her system, but then she loses her footing tumbling backwards.

Backwards into the freezing cold canal.

"RILEY." I screamed my voice cracking.

I run towards the edge of the canal.

It's too dark.

I can't see her.

Next thing I know I'm ripping my jacket off and jumping into the canal.

I need to find my baby.

Don't forget to vote and comment xx