12.

Aubrey

"You're still seeing him, yet he broke into your house like a crazy maniac?" 

"Don't call him that, he has a name Tay." I said as I pulled groceries out from the bag and placed them on the counter. I was debating on whether I should go on the date with Chris Friday night and to be honest with ya'll, here are my two conclusions: It can go good and I'll live through it  OR I could not go, and watch him have a psychotic breakdown and just die. Sounds good right? I'd be lucky to even walk out the door because of how dangerous this could be.

"Christopher isn't a normal name for someone with a mind like that." She said shaking her head and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Christopher? How'd you know his whole name?" I asked out of curiosity.

"It was just a lucky guess.." she said shrugging and continued to help me put up my groceries. I didn't like lies and don't tend to put up with it just for the record. She knew better than that. 

"So did the police guy tell you something about him when he came to visit that day?" She asked and I hesitated for a moment on whether I should tell her or not.

"Yeah, but it's not right..I mean, why would he tell me before Chris could?"

"Well you did say that they knew each other right?"

"Yeah but that's still not fair." I sighed biting on my lip a little trying put everything together in my head. I wondered how deep their relations went and why that cop was so concerned about what we had if  there was even anything there at all, besides the fact that I felt that he liked me too much even for his own liking.

"Maybe he's just trying to warn you." She suggested and I shook my head disagreeing.

"No, he's trying to fuck something up." I said.

Even though he brought up information on how Chris's mother died at a young age, a mental hospital he went through because of his anger and hell, even him growing up faster than he had to with only his biological father there to care for him. He lacked the nature of being nurtured. Out of everything in L.A., the bright lights, the fame, and the money, the picture was far more crooked than it was supposed to be. One bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

"HEY, earth to Aubrey, are you there? I'm about to leave." She said laughing while waving and snapping her fingers in my face.

"Where are you going?" I asked moving her hand out my face. She know that I hated when she did that.

"It's Trey." She smiled nervously. 

"Trey? What's wrong? Did something bad happen to him?"

"No, no...we're together now." She said quickly waiting for my response.

"Together? As in boyfriend and girlfriend?" I sat up looking her with careful eyes.

"Yeah, ever since last year before you moved here to Cali. He didn't want me to tell you because he didn't know how you'd handle it."

"Handle it? Tay... Trey and I were just friends in high school. We never dated." I said chuckling at his stupidity. 

"You know you have could have told me anything regardless of what he says." I said looking down at the notifications on my phone.

"Yeah, I know, but it was a new relationship for both of us you know?" She said with hope in her voice and shrugged it off.

"I get it." I smiled at her slightly. She said bye to me and I sat there for a moment in thought. Trey and I were good friends in high school and nothing more in my head, unlike his. When August went away in our younger years, I guess he thought it was his shot. If no one knew me better besides August, it was Trey.

Chris

Antidepressant medication. 

Bipolar Medication. 

Sleeping Pills. 

Schizophrenic medication.

Tylenol. I grabbed out of the cabinet due to a headache that woke me up. I placed two in my hand and headed downstairs filling it up with water and swallowed them down before licking my lips. The sun was peaking through my curtains and walked over rubbing Fido on the way. I looked out squinting my eyes due to the brightness and saw Aubrey walk out with the trash. I laughed to myself seeing that she was wearing sleeping shorts and a t-shirt.

"So I'll see you another time?" A female voice in the background rung. I turned around seeing that she was a mexican girl, early 20s, black hair, and pretty even though I swore she had brown hair.

"We'll see." I said winking over at her and she blushed before heading out with her things. I stared at her from behind thinking of the wild night we had. I saw she left her number on my table. I smiled a picked it up crumbling it into a ball threw it away. I looked in refrigerator for some breakfast realizing that I missed home cooked meals.

Aubrey: so about that date...? - 8:30 a.m

I'll pick you up at 7pm. - delivered 8:35 a.m.

Aubrey: why so early? - 8:37 a.m.

It's gon' be a long night. I promised you that I'd make it up to you. - delivered 8:38 a.m.

I poured me some orange juice to almost the top of the glass when  I finished cooking eggs, bacon, and some cinnamon toast sticks. I wasn't that hungry obviously. I scrolled down Instagram, receiving another message from here which was a heart. I grinned.

p.s. where those pink sleeping shorts more often. I had an asstastic view :) - delivered 8:50 a.m.

She replied back with a skull emoji with "perv" beside it causing me to laugh out loud. 

-

As I ran behind her from a safe distance, as the music blasted in my ear keeping me focused on her. I adjusted my shades and hoodie while she headed into the store for something to drink. I watched her in the window while stretching and re-nourishing myself with Gatorade. The guy at the cash register was obviously flirting with her causing me to groan in annoyance.

Once she headed back out, she looked around and walked across the street back to the park and sat on a bench tapping away on her phone. I admired how her skinned glowed even on a somewhat cloudy day. She pushed her hair back feeling the wind blow smoothly. She soon stood up on the phone with someone  and I took out my earphones to hear the conversation. She headed to her car and I walked behind a couple of trees to keep her in my view. I used my phone to snap pictures of her sitting there.

She hopped in and started her car, activated the car  tracker that I placed under the hood of her car earlier before she left for her early morning run. I snapped a couple quick pictures seeing her drive off. I took off my hood and glasses walking off in full satisfaction.