Day 1: 6:45 Terrible Assignment

A/N: So sorry guys. I posted the other chapters, but apparently none of you can see them. I unpublished them and republished them for you. So sorry about this. Anyways, please enjoy and let me know if you can see the chapters when I republish them. Thanks! <3
-------------------------------------------------------------

Time: 6:43pm
Location: Hiragi Meeting hall

🐾Shinya's POV🐾

I gathered my materials, while everyone else left the meeting hall. The meeting was over, and Guren never came back. I expected that though, so I wasn't really disappointed. The meeting went off without any other issues, for Guren was the only problem among us.

I started to leave the meeting hall, but my brother's voice calling my name brought me back. "Shinya, wait." I looked at him. "I need to talk to you."

"What do you need?" Kureto rarely asked to talk to people, and he almost never speaks to me, unless it's a command. I'm just his adoptive brother whom he hates. I wanted nothing more than to be accepted into the family by him.

"I have an assignment for you. Guren's actions concern me, so I want you to get close to him and spy on him."

I was a bit shocked, but I immediately accepted the job. If he can trust me enough with a job as simple as this, then he might start to trust me enough to do more for him.

"If that's all you need, then consider it done." I smiled at how he trusted me with the job instead of someone else.

"You are to get close to him, learn his secrets, his plans. learn everything you can about him. I want daily reports on where he goes, when he gets there, how long he was there, and what he did there. I want you to watch his every damn move up until he goes to bed. I mean it. You're the only one I can ask to do this."

I was very surprised that he was so concerned over what Guren does. "Of course. I'll send you everything I can in detailed reports. I won't leave anything out."

"Thank you, Shinya." Kureto sighed in relief.

"May I ask why you are allowing me to take on this assignment?" I was curious to know why he was allowing me, of all people, to do what seemed like an important job to him.

"Guren won't suspect it to be you." I looked at him with a confused face. "You're just my adoptive brother. You mean nothing to the Hiragi family, and aren't trusted for anything. Since your life is disposable, it only makes sense to use you."

"I'm a member of the Hiragi family too..." I found myself talking back to Kureto.

"Your last name may be Hiragi, but that doesn't mean you are a member of our family. You're life means nothing. You're nothing more than the pet of the Hiragi family."

I flinched at that. My dream of being accepted, was crushed. Everything I had worked towards, was now meaningless. "I... See..." My voice was filled with sadness and pain.

"Now be an obedient little doggie and get to work. If you do a good job, then I might just give you a treat." Kureto laughed. He, obviously, didn't care that he just destroyed my entire existence. My entire reason for living was to be accepted into the family, but now I know that I am nothing more than a lowly dog to the Hiragi's.

I left the meeting room without saying anything back to Kureto. I heard him shout 'Good boy' at me, and it hurt. I was very close to crying at that moment.

I'm just a dog known as Shinya. I'm not even considered to be human anymore.