Day 2: 6:00pm Walk Home

Time: 6:00pm
Location: Orphanage

🐾Shinya's POV🐾

We had spent most of our time at the orphanage. It was honestly ridiculous. We played with the kids and laughed happily. Guren was actually surprisingly good with them.

"For not liking kids, you did really good with them." I said as we walked. We were walking back towards our places. They happened to be in the same direction.

"Guess I got lucky." He simply replied and shrugged. He looked up to the sky. "It looks like it's going to rain." He said. "It's not even dark out."

"We spent all day with the kids. I'm kinda tired." I told him and stretched.

"I'm a little tired too... For different reasons..." He said and laughed a little nervously.

"What reason?" I asked.

"Don't... Don't worry about it..." He said.

"Why are you so secretive?" I asked with a pout.

"Cause I can be." He said. "I'm allowed to have secrets."

"I have secrets too." I told him.

"Looks like you're just as human as me." Guren said.

"Vampires probably have secrets too..." I said.

"You think so?"

"Well, yeah... I don't see why they can't... They're capable of thought. Maybe even feelings. They're just as human as humans. Only they're our enemy."

"Yes... They are..." Guren said. He looked over towards me. "Are you crying?" He asked with wide eyes.

"No. It's the r-" I was cut off by rain pouring down over us. "Rain!!" I shouted. "My house is closer! Let's go there!!!" I called out and began running. I didn't even check to see if Guren was following.

We soon arrived at my house. Our clothes were clinging to our bodies. We were completely soaked.

I walked to the dresser by my door and opened one of the drawers. I pulled out a towel and gave it to Guren.

"Well, is there anything you're not prepared for?" He laughed as he took it.

"Not really." I said and grabbed a towel for myself. I immediately began to dry off. "You shower first. I'll get you a change of clothes and then shower after you." I said.

"Eh...? We're gonna shower...?"

"The fuck did you expect?"

"..." He was silent for a second. "Ok."

"If you're lucky, maybe I'll join you." I teased and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Please..." Guren said.

"Fine." I said and laughed.

Wait...

What the actual...

FUCK DID I JUST AGREE TO!?