Diagon Alley

"Get up!" Was the words that woke me the next morning. I sat up slowly rubbing my sleepy eyes as I sat up. It took a few minutes for me to realise where I was exactly, then it all came back, a kaleidoscope of memories flashing before me, from leaving my parents house to arriving here in this very room." Do not let me repeat myself you silly girl up now!" I heard the voice of Snape from the doorway of the bedroom.

I got out the bed my eyes fixed on the bat-like figure of my carer - to be honest I'm not sure what he's meant to be to me now, but he is being made to look after me carer seems quite fitting- he turned on his heel and descended down the stairs just a few steps from the door of this bedroom. I followed behind still sleepy, I rubbed my eyes again causing them to burn with irritation. We entered what seemed to be the kitchen, it was just as dark as the other rooms.

The walls were tiled with black and white- or rather grey- like a chess board. Black work tops and black furniture black black black black black. Seriously does this guy not own any coloured items, apparently not. I was shocked at myself for my ill thought of the man that was now caring for me a little voice was now telling me off in my mind.

"Sit" he drawled as he sat himself down on one of the chairs. I walked over and sat down as I was told- I never did disobey a command- we locked eyes on each other for a brief second, so short you wouldn't have been aware that it happened, but it did and I had this nagging feeling that there was still something I didn't know about. I watched as Snape took a stick out from his long black cloak and a bowl of something that looked like mushed up cardboard, lumpy and gross looking, but I wasn't going to complain, that would not be right after all this would be the first real food I have had in a while now.

I picked up the spoon that sat next to the bowl and scooped the tip of it into what the contents of the bowl was. I peered my eyes up to see that Snape was paying me no attention, I dared a taste as I placed the substance in my mouth, it was cold and slimy, and tasted very grainy but it wasn't as bad as I had expected, I took a couple of spoonful's before I gave up, the taste seemed to get worse the more you ate.

"Finished I presume?" Snape asked lowering the newspaper from his face but I didn't reply instead I fell of my chair in shock. I shot up my hand raised a finger pointing at the newspaper. Did I just imagine that?

"The pictures they move!"

"Well of course they do silly girl" he answered as if it were obvious the images where meant to move. I sat back at my chair waiting patiently for something I wasn't sure of before. However the silence came to much for me and I choice this time to ask a question.

"What's that stick thing you used?"

"A wand" he replied without looking up from the newspaper.

"Why do you need a wand?"

"All witches and wizards do,"

"Why?"

"They just do now stop asking such pointless questions and go get ready we are going to get your school things today and I do not want my time wasted anymore than it needs to be" without another word I left to get dressed it was strange how there was clothes for me, laid out on the bed. I figured Snape didn't like questions so decided against asking him. Not long after I was ready I found myself in London after a long journey. Snape groaning and muttering something about the flu and appreciation I was confused to ask what it was or meant so sat in silence most of the journey. (A/N I purposely used 'flu' and 'appreciation' instead of floo and apprition as Primrose doesn't know what these are)

"Here your list of requirements for this term" Snape said shoving it in front of my face almost causing a paper cut on my noise "well take it" he said in a harsh whisper. I quietly took it from his grasp and read what it said.