Chapter 9

Jacket

The traffic jam was really a pain in the ass. Halos umabot kami ng dalawang oras at kalahati sa byahe bago makauwi. And yes, gano'n kalayo ang bahay nila Feyrah sa amin. The reason I can't visit her more often.

When we got out of the car, Tita Fionah was waiting for us at the front door. When she spotted me, she grinned so widely that I ran up and gave her a tight hug. Being in the embrace of my second mother feels so good. I really miss her so much.

"Long time no see." she joked. Bumitaw ako sa yakap to see her face, a moist of tears at the side of her eyes. I smiled.

"I miss you, Tita." I'm just too happy to see her again. She put her fingers on my hair, combing it gently.

"You've change a lot. You're even taller now. You really looked like a lady. Are you still our Traiva?" she asked na mas lalo naging dahilan ng pagiging emotional ko.

"Of course."

"Mommy, stop the drama. I'm hungry." singit ni Feyrah. I know her too well. She doesn't like histrionic atmosphere like this, she wants to lighten up the mood.

"Alright, your Tito Felix's already waiting at the dining. Let's go." pumasok na kami sa loob ng mansyon nila Feyrah. Compared to Leprivo's, mas maliit ito. But hell, this is still a mansion. The only small house na natirhan ko noon ay 'yung sa amin lang ni Mommy Tañia.

I kissed Tito's cheek nang nakita ko siya. He looked so happy seeing me.

"I even worked undertime just to welcome you." I saw his smile reached his eyes. Nakaupo na kami ngayon at nagsisimula na kumain.

"Thank you so much, Tito. I'm planning this before, actually! But I'm so scared to ask for permission. I wish they would allow me to sleep here again next time." I pouted.

"We can talk to Conrad about that-" asik ni Tito ngunit hindi niya naituloy dahil nagsalita si Tita Fionah.

"I think it will be hard. The way I see it, Gizella is manipulating everything, even Conrad, Felix." I looked at her and smiled. What she said is true. Mama's manipulating everything at kasali ako doon.

But even she's like that. I would never ever hate her as a person. Why would I hate her in the first place? Because of her attitude? Because she's Papa's wife? Because she's too controlling on me? Because she's manipulating me? No. I would gladly accept all outrage she wants to throw at me, I'm willing to do everything just to make her happy. Even if I don't want it, for her I'll do it. This is my only way to pay the pain and grief she felt of my Papa's mistakes. Because I know I am the living mistake of my Papa that she has to see for the rest of her life.

"It's for the better version of me naman po. I clearly understand her." pagtanggol ko at nagpatuloy na sa pagkain.

Nagpatuloy pa kami sa kwentuhan at hindi namalayan na umabot na pala kami ng alas diyes y medya sa hapag kainan.

"What's your plan for tomorrow, then?" Tita Fionah looked at Feyrah.

"Spontaneous, Mom."

"What?"

"Chill, Mommy. I'm just kidding. Traiva and I are going on a date like a lesbian couple tomorrow." then Feyrah giggled. Siya lang ang tumawa sa aming apat sa hapag.

"Feyrah Yvanna!" uh-oh. Now she's doomed.

"Alright. I'm sorry, Mommy. We are going to watch three to four movies, eat somewhere without thinking of gaining weight to death, window shop, door shop, wall shop, etcetera. That's all. Sounds so fun, right?" Feyrah muttered while crossing her arms as she rolled her eyes to her laughing father. I looked at her in awe, I can't even do that to Papa.