Mission

The next day, I was eager as I entered the first class of cram school. We weren't having normal lessons today, we'd be given information about our mission then sent off to pack and enjoy the rest of our Friday before starting our work tomorrow. I sat in my usual seat next to Shiemi and she gave me a look, I sighed, deciding to not let this bring down my mood. "Yesterday was... I'm sorry for worrying you." There was really no good way to explain it, I guess, otherwise Yukio wouldn't be so concerned after all this time.

She placed a hand on my arm, "don't apologize, Rin. We're your friends, we worry about you for good reasons. And if you need to talk, any of us would be more than ready to listen." Her words soothed me and I smiled, thanking her.

"Alright." Oh, Yukio was already here, I turned to face the front of class, eagerly awaiting instructions. "Tomorrow, we will be heading a little under thirty minutes north for a mission that will last a few days. You've been excused from Monday and Tuesday's academic courses. However, the possibility of the mission extending to Wednesday is possible, and if that happens, you will have to call yourselves into school. These will not count as absences, of course, seeing as how you are on a school trip." He picked up some chalk and began to write on the board.

"You'll need to pack clothes for a total of five days and four nights, bring the essentials and toiletries as well. I assume this is common knowledge, however. Anyway, you will also need to pack your Exorcist equipment, Tamer's, I suggest you bring multiple summoning circles just in case. Also, everyone bring some money, although our family monestary has agreed to feed us for the most part, some meals will be put on yourselves." He moved away from the checklist, starting on a clean area of the chalkboard. "We will be leaving at 10 in the morning tomorrow, so I'd suggest waking up at 9 or earlier. We will be taking a van with us, the seven of us are just small enough to fit inside a regular vehicle. We will meet at the gates and take roll call, so please don't make me hunt you down." He said the words lightly, but I knew he was serious, I'd hate to track down a bunch of teenagers, too. "Any questions?"

Izumo raised her hand, "what is this mission about exactly?"

"Ah, I was going to save that for our trip there, but I supposed I could summarize it for you. Essentially, we will be eliminating demons over the course of a few days in a building that is scheduled to be remodeled. These demons tend to hide and multiply quickly. So it's not a quick exorcism, as some demons would slip through the cracks of our plans. That's pretty much it, anyone else?"

Shima raised his hand and Yukio called on him. "We are staying at the Okumura residence?" Yukio hummed and nodded. "But there are seven of us, where will we all sleep?"

"Good question, since we lived in a monestary, we have multiple rooms for our altar boys and guests to stay in. However, if I remember correctly, we recently hired a few more men. So, the girls will be staying in the left over guest room while the boys will stay in Rin's old room. He and I will be staying in my room."

I cut in, playfully jabbing at him. "Tch, of course you'd choose to stay in that quaint little place." His eyes filled with mirth and a smile crossed his face, all professionalism lost.

"It's not my fault that you got the bigger room as the older sibling. And besides, Bon, Shima, and Koneko need more space than the two of us, so it's only fair that they get the larger room." He smiled brighter, "why? Are you hiding something in that closet of yours?"

I gawked, "pfft! You're delusional." My peers were cackling at our antics, oh how different we became when we talked like brothers.