Oblivious (Yukio)

Bonus chapter, it adds nothing to the story, but it gives a little insight on other characters.

Yukio's POV after the monestary visit:

Nii-san was acting strange, and I mean, more than usual. He was just fine the last time that I saw him, but now he's... reclusive. Even Kuro has been behaving rather odd lately, maybe Father Naito was right about the feline being bitter. Dad would be disappointed in him, and Rin, too, it's hard to understand why they react so off kilter when we are at the monestary.

My raven haired brother sighed for the tenth time and I flickered my eyes to his frame once more. He definitely had no intention on speaking to anyone, with his body shoved close to the door and his gaze cast out the window, he seemed to be in his own world. I sighed and returned my sight to the road ahead, my mind fleeting through memories of my twin. No matter how many times I've tried to figure it out, I come back empty handed. I can't even recall when Rin had started acting strange in the first place.

The first time I ever really thought something was wrong was when we were ten. Dad had taken us to the circus, and while I had been having fun, Rin seemed extremely uncomfortable. He didn't want to go to any booths, and he complained about every little thing. I also had recalled how many times he had gone to the bathroom. I'd even gone with once, but my brother never took a step toward the toilet, but instead washed his hands, three times. I had told Dad about it, but he seemed to be getting used to Rin's behavior. I don't know if he thought it was some sort of effect from him being a demon, but I knew it wasn't normal, Satan's son or not.

"Pothole," an anxious voice hurried. I blinked several times, registering what he said just as I drove into it. The entire vehicle jolted and all the kids gave startled cries. Rin knew about the pavement, however, but his voice came out a little more panicked. I threw him a frightened look, but returned my eyes to the road. I cussed, finally recognizing the construction signs plastered on either side of the highway. Pulling the vehicle to a stop, I opened my window and spoke to a worker.

Dammit, our detour wasn't the best, but it was something. I knew those roads were horrible, and for some reason, I felt the need to comfort Rin because of it.

Just as I'd expected, the roads weren't well paved, and the shocks in this van weren't all too wonderful either. Now and then, I'd dart my eyes over to watch my blue eyed sibling, the occasional flinch twisting his features. I sighed and Shima complained about the pavement.

"Because the road we were on before is high traffic and a priority-gck!" It was the first time he'd said a complete sentence since he'd entered the van, but he'd obviously felt some type of pain when I drove over a particularly torn up section.

"Christ, Okumura, your ass can't still hurt from falling on those stairs." Bon laughed from the back seat and I heard Rin sigh "What'd you do? Drop the soap?" My brows furrowed and a smack echoed in the small space.

"What's that mean?" I knew what it's like to grab a bar of soap, only to have it slip from my grasp, but what the hell does that have to do with pain?

"Surprise sex," Shima said casually and I shook my head, glancing at him in the rearview mirror.

"What?" Further ahead, there was another rough section and I pressed my foot on the brakes, not wanted to put my brother through unnecessary agony.

"He's saying he got fucked in the ass." The van jolted forward and more cries echoed off the windows.

"That's not funny," Bon and Shima thought differently, however, and their cackles filled the vehicle. I ground my teeth together and tried to focused on the road ahead of us, but my mind was preoccupied with different matters. I shot a glance at my small twin, discomfort radiating off of him. Could he have...? No, Rin wasn't gay, he had made that very clear in the past, and there was no one he could have had sex with anyway.