Breaking News

Don't forget to vote for a new story!

When I woke up, I was in a far better mood than I had been in the past few weeks. My excitement seemed to effect Kuro as well, because he was bubbly as he walked at my side. As per usual, I walked to the kitchen, grabbing a note laying on the countertop.

Nii-san,
     Please, PLEASE, take an umbrella, and remember what I said about coming home before the thunder. By the way, I've given you some yen to pay for the errands (I wouldn't expect you to pay for them, after all). I also gave a bit extra, so if you want to, stop by a coffee shop or something, my treat. :)

Yukio

I chuckled and grabbed the wad of cash, shoving it into my pocket. "Are you leaving right away?" Kuro hopped up onto counter, cleaning his paws.

I glanced at the clock, "I guess I should grab something to eat before I go."

"That'd probably be best, what all do you have to do?"

I wracked my brain and remembered my list of duties, I checked them off on my fingers, "get Yukio's and my uniform's from the dry cleaner, go to the grocery store, stop by the bank to deposit a check from Sam-"

"Why'd he give you guys a check?"

"He said it was an early Christmas present," I saw him give me a surprised look, "yeah, I know, I thought it was weird, too. To be frank, I think he just felt bad about everything."

"I don't blame him," my furry friend replied, his eyes growing sad before perking up. "Is there anything else?"

"No, that's it, but I have to walk around town, so it'll take awhile."

"Oh, well, have fun!"

I laughed, "it'll definitely be a lot more fun than doing nothing here all day."

.oOo.

Once I had eaten, I grabbed an umbrella and made my way out of the dorm. The cool air hit my skin and I'd never been so happy to be outside. It was overcast, and one could easily tell that it would be one hell of a storm tonight.

Happily, I headed toward the gates, the empty campus soothing my small bundle of anxiety. I didn't know how I would've reacted if someone approached me. Once past the gates, I headed toward the bank, seeing as how it was the closest. I took in the fresh air greedily, passing strangers on the street and feeling like a normal citizen. These people had no idea what was happening in my life, and they didn't care. I couldn't ask for anything else.

The lady at the bank seemed bored, not saying much when I asked to deposit in the bank account. I honestly didn't blame her, it was a gloomy Thursday, but that didn't get my spirits down. I called my thanks as I exited the building, mentally ticking it off my checklist. The dry cleaners was the next, but I didn't have any idea when our clothes would be done.

I strolled through the streets, listening to the chatter of the world around me. I flinched when a water drop hit my face, and I wiped away the moisture with my fingers. I turned my eyes upward, and another few drops landed on my cheeks and nose. It was starting to rain already, yikes. I opened the umbrella I had been carrying and sheltered myself from the falling water. I hummed softly to myself, reading the building signs and enjoying my time out in the world.