Chapter 4

Angela's pov

We walk downstairs and I see a girl my age dancing, well I think.

"Rachel" James says.

And the girl, I guess Rachel jumps and turns around.

"Hey is this your new slave? Well hi I'm Rachel!" she says reaching her hand out.

I jump behind James. "Don't hit me!" I shout.

"Hit you? It's a handshake see?" she says.

She grabs James hand and shakes it. I peek from behind him. He moves and pushes me forward.

"Don't mine her Rachel, she's shy." he says grabbing an apple.

"It's ok I understand being a angel and all." she says.

I stand looking at my, or uh, Rachel's shoes. I wish I had nice things.

"My clothes look good on you, you can have that outfit if you want." Rachel says.

"T-thanks." I say.

She nods her head.

"Actually Rachel that won't be necessary, we are getting her clothes and I want to pick them out, she needs slave clothes." James sneers.

Aw, I like this dress and shoes.

"Well she can have this outfit, mom said to be nice to her and I am, you want me to go tell mom you aren't being nice to her?" Rachel says.

"Fuck off Rachel she's my slave I treat her how I want" he growls.

I whimper and take a step back.

"Quite being such a jackass James, dont mind him angel. He's possessive over his things." she says.

Things? I'm just a thing to them. Of course.

"Well we are going into town to get her some clothes."

"Bye angel" rachel says.

I begin to say bye but James pulls me out of the room before I have a chance.

"You better not get any ideas from Rachel, I'm your master and you are my slave and you will listen to me not her understand?" James says.

"I never forgot sir." I say.

"good." he says.

We get into carriage and the driver whips the horses. What did they do wrong? They were just standing there he never gave them an order.

"James why did the driver whip the horses?" I ask him.

"Angela that's how you get horses to go." he chuckles and rolls his eyes.

"You don't have to be a jerk I've never been out of that castle for almost all of my life." I say.

He glares at me. Oh no.

"I-I'm sorry James."

He reaches across the space and puts his hands around my neck. Not hard enough to choke me put enough to make it harder to breath.

"Listen to me, you will never disrespect me again. We are going into town and you better respect me because I have a reputation to keep and if you don't listen to what I say I will have you whipped when we get home, understand!" he yells/growls.

I nod my head, feeling loss for words.

"And don't ever call me James. It's sir." he says and pushes my head back against the wooden part of the seat.

My tears prick my eyes. That really hurt. How come he got mad all of a sudden?

I lower my head so that my bangs cover my eyes and my hair comes to the side of my face.