» Chapter 2.2

» In Chapter 2.1, you chose to: answer shyly.

Shrinking back, Minky gave a slow nod. "Y-yes. I'm Minky."

Jackaldusk gave Minky a large grin. "Well, then. You're our guest for today! StarClan informed us of your intention to live with us."

"Jackaldusk! You're creeping the poor cat out!" a white tom with mismatched eyes scolded, shaking his head. He turned to Minky and gave her an apologetic look. "What he meant to say is that we were informed that StarClan invited you to join our Clan. We can show you around, and if you'd like, you can stay."

Minky dipped her head in gratitude, feeling more at ease. "Thank you. I would like that very much. What is your name?"

"My name is Frostthorn. Nice to meet you," the tom replied, dipping his head politely.

"Aw, Frostthorn! Stop stealing the she-cats away," Jackaldusk joked, nudging Frostthorn.

"If you weren't such a terrible speaker, your looks would've been just fine in attracting cats," Frostthorn scoffed.

"Ouch. Your words pierce me, Frostthorn," Jackaldusk gasped, smiling. "Let's get Minky settled in, shall we? I'll take her on a tour around camp."

Frostthorn nodded. "I'll inform Deerstar of Minky's arrival. Give her a good tour."

Minky glanced around nervously, feeling uneasy about the crowd that had gathered around her with curious eyes. Noticing her discomfort, Jackaldusk ordered them to get back to their daily tasks. Minky gave Jackaldusk a grateful smile. Maybe he isn't as scary as he seems...

She noticed the deputy carrying himself with a sense of purpose as he walked beside her. "As you can see, the clearing is just for us to relax. Many other activities happen in the cave."

"You really do like your Clan, huh?" Minky asked softly. I wish I had a place where I can be proud to call my home...

"I don't really know much about your, other than your name and your shyness around cats," Jackaldusk meowed. "Care to share?"

Minky was taken aback by his bluntness and willingness to know more about her. "Uhh..."

» Change the subject.

» Answer.

✧ ༻⋆ ✿ ⋆༺ ✧

Once again, I apologise for not getting this up sooner. There was a tie in te previous round, and I was waiting for someone else to comment to decide the path.

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter! I may have failed to portray Jackaldusk a bit, because he isn't meant to look like a fool. It's more of him being a bad speaker, usually messing up his phrasing. What do you think of the deputy?

~ Sky ❄