» Chapter 2.5

» In Chapter 2.4, you chose to: continue the tour.

"Further back, behind the warriors, is where our elders sleep. Before you ask why they aren't sleeping the furthest away from the entrance, I'll explain," Jackaldusk meowed. "Elders have experience fighting, and are still able to defend the Clan if the need arises. They will aid the warriors and apprentices in defending the Clan."

Minky nodded slowly. "That seems reasonable. Does that mean the queens and their kits will be behind the elders?"

"That's right," Jackaldusk smiled. "I think you're getting it. Most queens would still be recovering their strength from kitting, so are not as efficient in keeping danger away. They also have the task of protecting the kits, so it is important for the other cats to protect them."

"I think I'm starting to understand a bit more... But where does the leader sleep?" Minky asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Glad you asked," the deputy grinned. "Do you see that hole in the walls to the left of the cave?"

Minky spotted the silhouette of the hole, and gave a small nod. "Is that where your leader sleeps?"

"Indeed," Jackaldusk gave a small chuckle. "Our leader is called Deerstar, and you will be meeting her."

Noticing Minky's discomfort and dread, Jackaldusk gave her a reassuring smile. "She's a really nice cat. She won't bite. PeakClan cats are very accepting."

Accepting, Minky thought, her heart pounding even faster. I really want Deerstar to accept me.

"Don't worry, I'll be there with you," the russet tabby mewed, giving Minky a soft headbutt. Startled, Minky shook her head.

"Unless you'd rather meet her later? I can help you delay the meeting by showing you how to hunt. You've never hunted before, have you?" Jackaldusk asked.

"No... I usually search for food in silver boulders or simply find anything edible..." Minky mewed.

Jackaldusk's eyes widened. "That's terrible! You need some real food. So, do you want to learn hunting first, or do you want to meet Deerstar?"

» Meet Deerstar.

» Learn hunting.

✧ ༻⋆ ✿ ⋆༺ ✧

Apologies for the long wait! Here's the next chapter! Feel free to leave some thoughts in the comment section.

What do you think Deerstar's personality would be?

Do you think Minky will be able to meet Deerstar and find peace within herself that she is accepted into PeakClan?

~ Sky ❄