Valentine's Gifts

"Sherlock?" Jim's sing song voice drifted through the unusually quite Baker Street flat. "Get up Sherlock." Jim sat on Sherlock's chair and listened to the muffled groan followed by the noisy shuffling and finally the door of Sherlock's room opening with a slight creak. "Morning Sherl."

"Morning." Sherlock muttered as he stumbled into the main area of the flat dressed in blue striped PJ trousers and his dark blue silk dressing gown, hanging open and showing his pale and slightly muscular torso that Jim loved.

"Do you know what day it is?" Sherlock shrugged at Jim's question. "Oh come on genius. What is significant about the 14th of February?" Again he got a shrug in response. "You're not getting your present unless you know what today is." Jim smirked as he watched his boyfriend close his eyes and search his mind palace.

"February 14th, Valentine's Day. A day when it is traditional to send a card or gift to a person one is romantically involved with or attracted to." The detective replied with a proud smile.

"Are you sure you aren't a walking dictionary?"

"At least I'm not Wikipedia."

"Very true. Anyway, I got you a gift." Walking into the kitchen, where Sherlock was leaning against the table, the criminal pulled out a small black box, decorated with a red ribbon and Jim's cursive white handwriting across the top. Sherlock took it with a questioning look, inspecting the overall appearance before reading the message.

DEAR SHERL,
YOU ARE A DETECTIVE AND I AM A CRIMINAL
(NOT EXACTLY THE MOST ORDINARY MATCH I
'LL ADMIT,
BUT THEN AGAIN NEITHER OF US ARE ORDINARY)
AND I SPENT MOST OF MY LIFE TRYING TO DESTROY YOU
,
WHILE YOU SPENT MOST OF YOURS TRYING TO STOP ME
.
BACK THEN
, I HAD NO IDEA THAT THE ONE PERSON
I HAD BEEN TRYING TO DESTROY
,
WAS THE ONE PERSON WHO COULD SAVE
ME FROM THE DARK ABYSS OF MY OLD LIFE
.
THANK YOU SHERLOCK HOLMES
.
XXX

The criminal watched nervously as the detective removed the ribbon, letting it slide through his fingers onto the table beside him. Cautiously, he lifted the lid off. Jim stared at Sherlock, waiting for him to react. "So..." Sherlock's gaze switched to Jim and a small smile crept onto his face.

"It's perfect. Thank you James."

"I got it from Molly, she said it's fresh and healthy. I know you needed a heart for your experiment and you sure as hell weren't going to be allowed to use mine or your own." Jim chuckled as he pulled the detective into a hug, burying his head in the taller man's chest.

"I would never use yours. You've only been using it properly for the last two years." Sherlock replied, tilting the smaller man's face up to meet his lips for a short and sweet kiss.

"Oh, how sentimental Mr Holmes."

"Says the ex-consulting criminal who just wrote a love letter on a Valentine's gift for his boyfriend?"

"Shut up Sherlock."

"Like that will ever happen."

"Whatever. I love you Sherlock."

"I know you do. Which is why, James Moriarty, I was wondering if..." Sherlock pulled away from the smaller man's embrace, pulled out a small black box from his dressing gown pocket and got down on one knee. "I was wondering if you would marry me, leave the criminal mastermind Moriarty behind and become a Holmes. Or a Moriarty-Holmes if you'd rather that. Or, if you didn't like that I'm sure we could come up with some-" He was cut off by Jim's lips pressed against his, a kiss full of love and respect.

"Yes, of course I will." Jim panted when they broke away, both smiling like idiots. Sherlock slipped the ring onto Jim's finger and stood up, holding him close to his body. "I love you Sherlock, so much."

"I love you too James Holmes."

"It has got a nice ring to it."

"Indeed it has, indeed it has."

  🐅  

I FINALLY HAD ANOTHER IDEA! AND IT ONLY TOOK ME THE WHOLE OF VALENTINE'S DAY THAT I COULD WRITE A SHERIARTY VALENTINE'S DAY STORY. Aren't i just sooooo smart? Hope you guys liked this. ❤❤❤