Masked Encounter (PART 2)

Here's part 2! Hope you enjoy, it's another longish one. Sorry for any mistakes, I wrote this part on my phone.

-
-
-

Jim stepped out of his car, thanking his driver. He made his way into the venue, white mask on his face and dressed in an immaculate black suit. His eyes scanned the hall as he entered, hopeful to lock onto the blue ones he desperately wanted to see again. He sighed, unable to find William, and took a glass of champagne off the table beside him before making his way through the crowd to the place he stood at the last masquerade. "Come on William, you've got to be here somewhere." Jim muttered to himself, standing on his toes to see over the sea of people.

-------

It wasn't until late into the evening that Jim spotted William. He watched as he hurried into the hall, breathing heavily and what was visible of his face was red. Jim raised his hand and waved, trying to catch William's attention. He succeeded and their eyes locked, sending a shiver of anticipation and excitement through his body. "Good evening William. I was starting to think you weren't going to attend this one."

"Oh, wouldn't dream of missing my big brother's overly fancy party."

"Well I'm glad to hear it." The two of them laughed.

"There really was no way I was missing this event, especially when there's a chance of meeting the masked man I met last time."

"Neither could I. May I ask why you are so late to get here?"

"I had some work to finish, someone needed my help in sorting something out." Jim smiled at William's response but couldn't help but notice how carefully he seemed to pick his words.

"Well I'm glad you got everything sorted. It would have been a very boring event if you hadn't of shown up."

"For me as well, I would've been back at my flat on my own." William grimaced. "Anyway, I'm here now and that's what is important."

"Cheers to that." He laughed and clicked his glass with William's before taking a sip of the champagne. "Your brother does have excellent that in champagne."

"It's the one thing in this world we agree on."

"Champagne is a good thing to agree on. But it would be nice if you would agree to accompany me on a walk outside?"

"I can agree to that request."

"Shall we go then?"

"We shall." William grinned as they laughed. The two of them made their way through the dancing crowd and out into the night, William's hand in Jim's. He smiled fondly at the taller man, his eyes tracing the sharp jaw, the high cheekbones just visible under the mask, and the bright blue eyes tinted with green and gold.

"What are you staring at?" William's voice broke him out of his trance.

"You." He shrugged.

"Clearly, what about me are you looking at?"

"Your face. I'm trying to work out who you are, your personality and the likewise."

"So, what have you worked out?"

"Not much. You're clearly very intelligent, and confident in your abilities but you don't usually do much socialising. That's most of what I got."

"How did you know I don't often socialise?"

"You have a slight nervous glint in your eye but you're a very confident man so it must be due to human interaction."

"I'm impressed. You are also a very confident man and human interaction doesn't unnerve you but it does irritate you."