Masked Encounter (PART 1)

I'm finally back! Did you miss me? I found some motivation and inspiration at last so here's another 2 part thing. The second part will be up soon hopefully. Hope you enjoy.

-
-
-

The black mask on Sherlock's face obscured his identity as he wove between the other guests at the masquerade, his black tuxedo pressed to perfection, dark curly hair swept back smartly, polished shoes clicking noiselessly against the marble floor. His sharp blue eyes were fixated on a gentleman shorter than himself, dressed in a midnight blue suit, across the room. Their eyes met, bright blues clashing with bored browns. "I couldn't help but notice your uninterested expression." Sherlock's deep voice stated as he watched the man closely.

"It's a rather boring evening if you ask me. Too many ordinary people for my liking." The man replied with a familiar voice that Sherlock couldn't put his finger on.

"I agree with that. Why are you here if that is the case though?"

"Why are you?"

"Forced to leave my flat by my brother, he organised this event so I had I no choice but to attend."

"Fair reason, I'm here because I have nothing better to do and I stupidly agreed to accompany someone who has taken a certain liking to the woman over there." The man gestured to a couple dancing behind Sherlock.

"Quite unfortunate for you I'm sure."

"Extremely, and the same goes for you I would imagine."

"Indeed. What's your name? If you don't mind me asking." The man paused briefly before answering.

"James. And yours?"

"William." Sherlock replied, using his first name instead of the one everyone calls him. "Would you like to dance?"

"Or we could take a walk of the grounds? I'm not a particularly skilled dancer I'm afraid."

"A walk it is then." Sherlock said with a grin and led the two of them through the mass of people, out into the gardens. The summer night's air was still and warm but a gentle breeze blew, cooling the two men as they walked side by side. "So, James. What do you do? Jobwise?"

"Quite a boring job I'm afraid," James chuckled "financial manager for some company. What about you?"

"I'm a reporter for a newspaper, nothing special." Sherlock shrugged, lying to him easily.

"Sounds exciting I must say."

"Not in the slightest, there are no good stories to cover at the moment."

"What about those recent robberies? You know, the Tower of London, the Bank of England and Pentonville Prison." Sherlock thought he saw James smirk but quickly dismissed the thought.

"Oh that Moriarty case? That definitely would have been a good one but I was beaten to it, shame really."

"I can imagine, would have been fascinating to know how it was done."

"My brother has a friend who got to interview someone from Scotland Yard about it. He said Moriarty had some kind of software on his phone that allowed him to break into all those places at the touch of a button. Quite incredible if you ask me."

"Rather smart man by the sounds of it. I would like to meet him one day, admittedly that may be a death wish." Sherlock let out a short chuckle at the James' words.

"As would I, but I believe we would die before we got close to him."

"Certainly the most probably course of events." The two of them laughed and continued their walk around the grounds, enjoying the company of the other and indulging in conversation. "I must say James, of all the people here I'm glad I approached you."

"Is that right? And why might that be?"

"You can hold intelligent conversations without being stupid or boring me to death."

"The same goes for you. Even the person I was forced to come with doesn't come close to being as intriguing as you. You have certainly improved my evening William."

"I'm glad to hear it." Sherlock chuckled, his eyes glancing to a large clock on the outside of the hall. "It's almost midnight, we should probably head back inside for the speech."

"I agree, I should probably get back to my friend."

"My brother is most likely looking for me as well." He walked back into the building beside Jim, their hands brushing ever so slightly, causing his body to shiver pleasantly. "It's been a wonderful evening and I hope we'll run into each other again at another event."

"As do I. Goodbye William." James smiled as he turned to walk into the crowd.

"Goodbye James." He called after him, unable to wipe the smile off his face.

🐅 

Please feel free to request any ideas you want. If anyone would like one written bout them and either Sherlock or Moriarty then please just say and I'll see what I can do. ♥️♥️♥️