part 4

We got to the tattoo spot and told the men what we wanted. Keone wanted a loyalty tattoo like the one I have on my middle finger. I got a pair of dog-tags wrapped around my thigh. It was a tribute tatt for Jamey and my grand-dad. Each dog-tag had their initials. We finished up there and I payed for our tattoos. I dropped Keone off at my parents house and headed to Justin's. I looked at the time and I was running late, so I decided to call Justin and apologize for being late and tell him I was on my way. When I called him I heard some other voices in the background. Me just thinking it was Jimmy and his mom, let it go until he said ”get the fuck off my line hoe.” I hung up then sped over to his house and ran in, unlocking the door with the spare key. Justin isn't the type to talk to me like that, so either he was trying to be cute, or he was in trouble. If he was just trying to be cute in front of his boys he was going to get his ass beat. When I walked in his room I saw him tied up to a chair and the three amigos laughing. They stopped laughing as soon as the saw me. I mugged them then ran over to Justin.

”Hey jusbaby, you alright?” I asked looking at the bruises on his face.

”I'm straight... They said that you sent them to talk to me, is that true?” He whispered in my ear. I shook my head no.

”I'm sorry jus.”

”For what?”

”For making you see this.” I said as I turned around and shot Kendrick in the head and Free and Brandon in the kneecap.

”Fuck man! What the fuck is wrong with you A?” Brandon yelled. I walked over to him and smacked the shit out of him with the butt of my gun.

”Did I not tell y'all to leave him alone? Did I not tell y'all this shit would happen?” I asked gesturing toward Justin.

”Why didn't you just kill us? This shit hurts like a bitch.” Free asked holding his knee. I shot him in the shoulder.

”That can be arranged.”

”You mad or nah?” Brandon asked trying to be funny.

”You hurt or nah?” and with that I shot him in his other knee cap. I then pulled out my phone and called Raykwan and Julius to come clean this up and dispose of the body. They got here in like 5 minutes and cleaned up everything. I gave them both a kiss on the cheek and slid 2 grand in each of their pockets. They grabbed Brandon and Free and took them somewhere, I guess to the hospital. I untied Justin and apologized for everything. I told him about everything and he said he understood why we dropped contact. He also said he wanted in. I told him he would get a call from my dad about it within 3 days. Unlike most gangs we don't jump people in, my dad made this system. It is comprised of a few tests made by him. He will have someone kidnap you and  to have them ask you a series of questions to see if you can remain loyal. He will take you to a gun range to see if you can shoot, and he will have you deal a little bit to see how you are in the streets. My dad never liked violence, he really hated it after he got back from Iraq, but he knew it was the only way to get your point across in these streets.

I know at this point you're probably wondering: 1. Why do my parents condone their children selling drugs? 2. How old are my parents? And 3. Why do we go through such great lengths to have people join the business?

Well 1. They want us to learn the value of a dollar. Yes, selling drugs is easy money once you have clientele, but when you first start out that shits hard. 2. My parents are 36. They had Jameson when they were 16. 3. As I said before, this is a family business. We want the people who work for us to feel like we're a family.

It started getting late and I had to go home and get ready for school. I told Justin's mom and brother bye and told them I would be back soon. I walked to my range rover and there was a note on my windshield. I grabbed it and stuck it in my pocket. I then headed to my house. I live in my own apartment because I wanted to be able to come and go as I please.

I finally made it to my apartment and unlocked my door. I walked into my 3 bedroom condo. Unlike most kids my age I prefer to be independent. I went straight to my bedroom and changed into an oversized Bob Marley shirt and some boyshorts. I went to the bathroom and put my hair in a messy bun and took off my make-up.I had just started making some tacos when I heard a knock on my door. I walked to check the peephole and saw Keone, Jamey, and Jaylen. I opened the door wide enough for them to come in. They came in and I walked straight for the kitchen with Keone following me.

”Ooh I came just in time.” Keone said rubbing his hands like birdman.

”Boy bye. What you doing here? I thought you were staying with mom and dad this week.” I said making the boys a plate. Keone lives with me because he doesn't really get along with my father.

”Well I went to mom and dads, and dad just started fucking with me. He said I had a curfew and I couldn't just leave when I wanted. Which is bullshit.”

”Keone, you are a freshman in high school. You are not an adult yet. You have to be able to experience some form of youth. That was your purpose of going over there this weak. You have a curfew here, you know that. By the way, where the fuck is your key?”

”Its in my room.”

”It better be.”

I walked into the living room handing the guys a plate then went back to the kitchen to get drinks. I got Jamey and Jaylen a beer and me and Keone a soda. We talked and caught up as we ate. I looked at the time and it was almost 1 a.m. I had to get ready for bed. I cleaned up then told Keone to go to bed and showed the others a room they could share. I went in my room and let sleep take over.