Part 11

~Flashback~

"Vonte, what are you doing?" I asked as I watched him pack his bags.

"Aja, what are you doing here?" Vonte said turning to me with this big ass kool-aid grin.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked rubbing my stomach.

"You're starting to show." He said walking over to me and putting his hands on my pudging belly. He got down on his knees and started speaking to the baby inside of me. "Hey peanut, daddy has to go away for while, so don't give mommy a hard time. Daddy loves you peanut." Vonte started kissing my baby bump and then he rose to kiss me. Tears began to pour down my face. He wiped them away and looked me in my eyes. "I love you baby. Don't work too hard, and look out for peanut."

"Stop."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Don't say shit you don't mean DeVonte. You don't love me because if you did you wouldn't be leaving me here to take care of peanut by myself." I said pulling away from him.

"Baby, you know if I could I would never leave your side. I don't want to leave you or peanut, but I have to go. I want to be here but there are certain things you don't need to be around. I'm sorry I have to leave, but its only for a little while." Vonte said pulling me back to his chest.

"I don't want you to go Vonte." I said as the tears began to fall again.

"I know Aja. You trust me right?"

"Always."

"Then you will trust that I am doing this to better our family. I will always be there for you and peanut. I just need the person I fell in love with to have faith in me. I would not be leaving just to leave you and peanut. I will always have your back and I will be keeping tabs on you guys. I am going to have Free and Mook watch out for you. I love you Aja and I will never stop." Vonte said wiping the tears from my eyes. He kissed me passionately and shed a tear himself.

"I'm going to miss you Vonte. I love you so much, be safe baby." I whispered removing the tears from his eyes and kissing him.

"Always." Vonte whispered grabbing his bags and taking them to the trunk. He kissed me and the baby one last time before he got in the car.

I watched as the car faded into the horizon and broke down. I rubbed my stomach and just cried.

About two weeks later I woke up to very sharp pains in my stomach. I turned on my bedside lamp and screamed when I saw my legs covered in blood. I yelled for Keone and he drove me to the hospital only for then to confirm my worst fear. The baby was gone. I lost my love and my baby within a month and it broke me. The depression I fell into lasted almost a year and a half.