Part 8

I was soon lifted off of my fathers bed by Keone.

"Aj this shit ain't right." He whispered in my ear.

"What do you mean?" I whispered back as he carried me into the hallway. He put me on the ground and looked me dead in my eye.

"This was a fucking set-up. You know, just like I know, that dad has been out of the game for a while. This wasn't related to that, it couldn't be."

"But who? Only five people knew where dad would be today. That's me, you, Jamey, mom, and Jaylen. Speaking of which, where the fuck is Jaylen?"

"I'm right here, why? You miss daddy?" Jaylen responded walking up with coffee in his hands.

"What happened when my dad got shot? No bullshit... I need to know and now." I spoke sternly to make sure he knew I was serious.

"Well we were in the house getting ready to go out when your mom stopped your dad at the door. She said something about taking the back roads instead of the interstate. We didn't think anything of it. We got in the car and your dad got a call from a nigga named Julian, or something like that."

"Julius?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's the name. Well anyway Julius told your dad that some shit wasn't right and he needed to get on the interstate and head to the playground, but your dad kept driving on the backroads. We get to a 4-way stop and a nigga with a yellow bandana covering his mouth walks up. He knocks on the window and your dad rolled it down. Your dad and ole boy were talking. Another nigga popped up and sprayed the car with an AK, then they both took off. Jameson called 911 and I ran after the niggas, I got one in the calf. Then we came here." Jaylen explained.

"Ok, aye Keone, call me as soon as dad wakes up. If you need me I'll be at the playground. I'm going to see J and R real quick." I said hugging Keone.

"Ok be safe. If you need backup call me."

"You know I will... Oh, don't let anyone talk to dad until I get back."

"You got it. One love."

"One." I said walking away. I took my phone out of my pocket and called Raykwan.

Phone convo:

Ray: wus good lala.

Me: you and j need to meet me at the playground in about a hour.

Ray: which tunnel?

Me: the one on east street.

Ray: aight. One.

Me: One.

I got in my range and drove to my house. I needed to change into something more comfortable. I quickly hopped in the shower and did my hygiene thing. I put my hair in a messy bun and walked into my room. I lotioned up then I put on a pair of black leggings and my lime green chucks. I found my lime green shirt and my yellow bandana and put them on. I grabbed my purse and headed to the playground.