Chapter 7

Chapter 7

We finished watching the football game.

It was 6 P.M. when it was over.

"I guess you're staying for dinner now!" Hayes said.

"No it's fi..." I tried to say.

"No it's not fine, trust me, my mom won't mind you joining us for dinner." Hayes said.

"Are you sure? I do want to intrude or anything," I said.

"You're to nice, of course it won't matter!" He said smiling.

"Okay thank you!" I said when Nash walked in with a suitcase.

"Hayes are you still doing that Vine with me?" Nash asked Hayes.

"I don't know. Abby's staying for dinner and I don't want to be rude." Hayes said.

"Woah Abby, first time over you stay for dinner and Hayes is trying not to be rude? You must be one special person!" Nash said trying to embarrass Hayes.

We stood in silence for a while until Skylynn walk in.

"Nash, Nash, Nash, guess what?" She ran in screaming.

"Hey little booger! What?"

She smiled and said "Abby and Hayes are dating!"

I think I turned as red as a tomato.

"Really? I knew Hayes was treating Abby differently! He isn't picking his nose or screaming monkey mating calls like he normally does! Right Skylynn?" Nash said to Skylynn.

Skylynn looked like she was going to cry and said, "No Nash, don't be mean to Hayes! Hayes is not gross Abby, don't listen to Nash!"

Nash knew he messed up, "Sorry Skylynn, I was just joking around Hayes and Abby know that!" Nash gave her a hug.

Their mom came in and said, "Uh-oh, who made Skylynn upset?"

"Nash was mean," Skylynn said still sad.

"Hayes when were you going to introduce me to your friend?" She said smiling.

"Mom, this is Abby, Abby this is my mom." Hayes said.

"Hi Abby, sorry I'm a hugger!" She said and hugged me. "So you're new to town?"

"Yes, I moved here from Massachusetts!" I answered.

"Ahh... No Boston accent?" Hayes' mom laughed, "I'm joking, I had a close friend from Massachusetts! Miss Abby, I'm assuming your staying for dinner?"

Hayes began saying, "The game went into OT and ended late."

"Okay!" She said nicely, "Did you ask your parents?"

"Yes m'am, I texted my mom a few minutes ago," I said.

"A few weeks in the South and you're already acting like a polite, country sweetheart! I'm sure you were like this in Massachusetts though," she said.

We sat down again and started watching one of Skylynn's shows. I don't know what's happening right now, it's all a blur.

Here I am in the Grier's house. Dating Hayes.

Hayes Grier.