Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I slowly shut my eyes and went to sleep, but was awoken by my Twitter notifications blowing up.

I rubbed my eyes and saw the time was 1 A.M.

On Twitter, it was obvious what happened.

Cameron Dallas. Cameron freaking Dallas retweeted Hayes' post of our selfie.

I almost cried (happy tears), but I fell asleep because I was so exhausted.

My alarm rang at 7:15 A.M (last night I decided I needed some time to get ready.)

I put my dress on, I curled my hair, and put on my makeup.

I never wear makeup, NEVER.

I finished getting ready at 8 o'clock and walked downstairs to eat breakfast.

On the table there was a note that said, "Went to the grocery store, dads at work. Have fun! -Mom"

Since I had no one to talk to, I went on my phone.

Two texts both from a few minutes ago. One from Hayes, the other from one of the two numbers Hayes gave me last night for his mom and stepmom. He never said which one was which.

His said, "Good morning, can't wait to see you!"

His mom/stepmom's said, "Hi Abby! This is Hayes' stepmom Nila! Can't wait to meet you!"

I responded back to his stepmom's first, "Hello! I'm excited to meet you too!"

Then I texted Hayes, "Good morning and me too!"

I sat there in silence and decided to check Twitter.

Some of the tweets were hilariously offensive like "Hope that girl in the middle isn't dating Hayes, she looks like an horse," but most were "Can I be you please?"

I answered one of the "Can I be you please?" questions and everyone who saw it freaked out, asking me to respond to them and follow them.

Soon it was 20 minutes to 9.

I was so scared I had knots in my stomach.

What do I say? What door of the car do I go in? Do I wave? Do I wait for the doorbell to ring? Or do I just walk outside?

Soon the doorbell rang, I tried not to run to the door, but I couldn't help it.

Hayes stood there in a nice shirt and shorts smiling.

I stood there in a dress and Vans also smiling.

I shut my door and suddenly Hayes' stepmom came running over and then hugged me.

She said, "Sorry, I'm just excited that my little Hayes has a girlfriend as pretty as you!"

"Aw thank you! I'm excited that Hayes has such a nice family!"

She smiled and said, "You're sitting in the front of the car with me, is that okay?"

"Definitely!" I said walking over to the car.

Hayes held the door open for me and I thanked him as she watched us smiling.

"Aw, you two are so cute," she said, "I know Hayes will be mad that I said this, but would you want to go with us to the beach next weekend? It's sort of a tradition to go to the beach the second weekend of school."

"If it's fine with you and Hayes, I guess so!" I said.

"Do you think I should talk to your parents about it now?" She said not pulled out of the driveway yet.

"They are not home, but I'm sure it'll be fine, they aren't too strict or anything like that!"

She pulled out laughing, "Okay! I'm sure Hayes wishes I was like that!"

I sat in between Hayes and her at church. Nash was there too, but he must've drove there himself and didn't see us.

Church was over and Hayes' stepmom drove me home and hugged me, "You can call me Nila by the way!"

"Okay! Thank you Nila, see you soon," I said, "Bye Hayes!" I said and he gave me a hug.

They drove away and I walked inside my house.

My parents were both getting ready to go furniture shopping and buy us a dining room table so we could finally not eat on the couch.

"Hi mom, hi dad," I said.

"Hi honey! We're leaving to get that table we need, sorry we can't see you for long!" My mom said.

"It's fine! I'm going to change so bye, have fun!"

"Bye!" They said in unison.

I walked upstairs, changed, and of course went on my phone.

I face timed my friend Savanah. She happened to be the one who first mentioned Hayes to me and the one who told me about his Instagram post of me.

Her brown hair was in a messy bun and brown eyes were big with curiosity.

"So, you need to tell me about Hayes," she said swiftly, "Are you two dating? Are you friends? Is he your neighbor? Do you know Nash? Do you know Cameron? Answer me!"

"I'm trying to but you're talking 50 miles an hour! You can't tell anyone anything yet! Can I trust you?"

I know I could, but I was just making sure.

"Of course!"

"Yes, we are dating so we are friends. He lives on my street but pretty far away. I met Nash twice and Cameron once."

"When did you meet Cameron?" She said.

"Hayes and I were at a park and Nash and Cameron came to see what Hayes was doing, well mostly Nash. I didn't talk to Cam too much."

"Have you kissed yet?"

"Yes, you can't tell anyone this okay?"

"I promise, I promise!" Savanah said.

"How's Massa-"

I was interrupted by "Nila Grier" calling.

"I got to go! Hayes' stepmom is calling, text me later, bye!"

I hung up on her and picked up my call.

"Hi!" I said

"Hi Abby, sorry for calling but I have a question!"

Uh-oh. A question?