Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Two minutes later I got his text.

"I was wondering if you wanted to make it official that we're dating."

"Um, I guess so." I texted him.

"Why the um?"

"I'm not sure how your fans would react."

"Well that's true, and it's not like we could keep it in our school."

"I definitely want people to know, but not those people who don't have nice things to say."

"Well if you want to make it official, I'll make sure people won't hate on you."

"That sounds good to me!" I texted.

"I'm glad that you said it was fine and agree with me, I was a little worried you wouldn't."

"Well I'm glad you agree too."

"I have to go sorry! I love you, see you as soon as possible!" He texted.

"Bye, I love you too." I texted him.

I still can't believe I'm dating him.

I still can't believe he knows I exist.

I remember when I first saw his sapphire blue eyes with hints of green and his hazel brown hair.

I remember when he turned back and said his first words to me, "Hi! What's your name, mine's Hayes!"

I remember when he stood outside my back door and threw a pie at me.

I remember when I went to his house.

The rest of the day went by really fast. I did some homework and soon I was at soccer.

Our first game is coming up so our practice was a scrimmage with another team. The girl I was defending looked at me with big brown eyes, stopped dribbling and stood there.

Her hair was messy and her headband was towards the back of her head making her look a little goofy. She gave me an even goofier smile and said, "You're the girl on Hayes' Instagram."

I stood there shocked. We were in a middle of a game and it suddenly stopped because of me.

The coaches even asked if it was true.

I turned the brightest shade of red and nodded my head. I felt so uncomfortable I almost threw up.

Finally, the practice was over and I practically ran away from everyone.

I took a shower after I got home and thought things over.

Everyone at school will know about how Hayes posted a picture of me.

Everyone.

And I'm pretty shy too.

So Monday will be wonderful. And Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday will be too.

After I started watching a movie on Netflix, I got a call from Hayes.

"Abby, are you doing anything?" He asked.

"No I'm just watching a movie."

"Get dressed and come to the park," he said, "There's no pie this time though."

"Okay!" I said.

I took my sweatpants and old t-shirt off and put on shorts and a shirt, grabbed my Sperrys, told my parents where I was going and left.

I got to the park and Hayes was waiting there on a swing.

"Hey!" I said.

"Hey!" He said as he got up and hugged me.

"What's going on?"

"I just missed you," he said.

"I missed you too!"

I sat down on the swing, "How was football?"

He sat down and said, "Good, how was soccer?"

"Good too!"

There was a moment of silence.

"First one to the top of that tree gives a dare to the loser," I said.

"Go!"

We sprinted up to the tree, I beat him there but he started climbing first. I looked up at him and saw his blue eyes sparkle and his grin widen.

He had a good lead on me.

"Have you been practicing?" I said laughing.

"Maybe," he said nearing the top.

Suddenly I began to catch up, but sooner than later he reached the top.

"Come on slowpoke," Hayes said laughing so hard he shook the tree.

When I reached the top, he said, "Hmm what should I dare you?"

"Nothing weird," I said giggling.

"Okay, I got it," Hayes said pausing in between words.

"What is it?" I asked a tiny bit scared.

"I dare you...

... to kiss me."

I must've turned bright red.