Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I walked inside to find my parents watching TV.

They are those types of parents who are the opposite of attached. They care about me and love me, but when it's 8 P.M. and they haven't seen me all day, they aren't too worried as long as I text them what's going on.

"Hey honey," my dad said turning away from the TV, "How did the studying go?"

"Good," I said remembering the lie I wrote on the note, "We were studying for the social studies test on Tuesday."

"So who's your friend?" My mom said obviously not caring.

"Hayes, he's in some of my classes and sits in front of me in social studies." I said trying to downplay the fact he's a boy.

My dad may be non-attached but he's still a dad and doesn't like the ideas of boys.

"A BOY?" My dad nearly screamed, "Were you alone with him?"

"Of course not dad, you can trust me. His mom was there, his little sister, and his brother was there but I didn't see him that much. We just studied then it got so late that I stayed for dinner. He lives at the entrance of our neighborhood, we go by his house to get here."

"Okay sorry I didn't trust you," my dad said.

I walked to my room to and sat down on my bed.

My school week was a few days short because it was the first week. Normally that'd be good, but not for me.

I want an excuse to see Hayes.

He has football practice from 1-3 on Saturday.

I have soccer practice 5-7 on Saturday.

Saturday morning, I'm not busy. But he is.

On Sunday, he isn't busy. But I am.

On Monday, we both have games.

Mine is away, his is home.

We won't see each other besides in school. Great.

Soon, I went on my social media like I normally do.

The orange bar that shows up when you open up Instagram was crazy. 1,067 followers, 3,198 comments, and 799 likes. All my other accounts were blowing up like crazy too.

What the heck?

I went to investigate. It's apparent that someone in the MAGCON fandom found me from Hayes' picture because accounts with MAGCON tour names were the majority of the 1,067 followers. To be honest I've only heard about the tour a few times before, but I know the basic things about it.

It's more than being Vine-famous or YouTube. It's a national tour that's going international. There are nine boys from the tour that go to almost every one. I also qknow that the fandom is a whole group of friends.

Most of the comments were nice, but some people were pretty jealous.

I was called the "s", "h", "b", and other gross words.

I normally don't swear so I won't repeat those words.

Most of the accounts who were commented inappropriate comments weren't fandom accounts, they were just jealous private accounts.

I was scrolling through my comments when I heard my text alert.

One text from Hayes.

"Are you still up?"

It was 11 P.M already, it's been almost three hours.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I'm guessing you are being stalked by fans right now then," he texted.

"Haha I guess it's stalking, but I'm not sure what to call it."

"You'll get use to it I guess. Most of the 'stalking' is harmless though. If anyone bothers you, tell me."

"Okay, sounds good!" I said not mentioning people calling me names.

"No, I'm serious. I'm not talking about jealous people saying names. I'm talking about people saying kill yourself or anything like that. You don't deserve to be told that because of me."

"I know not to listen to them, but I'll tell you if anything comes up."

"Okay I love you, goodnight."

"Love you too."

I'll never be able to get over the fact that Hayes Grier, someone who has hundreds of thousands girls wanting to date him, says the "l" word to me.

I went back on Twitter and Instagram, and soon #Habby was trending.

Habby, a combination of Hayes and Abby, Hayes Grier and I, was trending.

Today I learned something.

Everything can change in a matter of hours.

And I mean EVERYTHING.