Good day

Your POV

"What you smiling at?" Daryl mumbled as he looked over to me.

"Oh nothing, wanna go out to the yard?" I asked smiling still but it was smaller now.I moved over to walk out of our cell and he sat up, his legs dangling over the side of the bunk.

"Why?" he jumped off his bed and leaned his weight against the wall.

"Just come" I sighed my small smile still on display although he wasn't smiling at least on the outside.

He said nothing as he followed me, a few mumbles left his lips but I was too far ahead of him to hear what he had said.

We stopped just behind the fence out of sight "what's this about?" he asked as he watched me carefully he leaned slightly against the fence and his eyes were almost sown together.

"Today was a good day I don't want to sound cliché or jinks anything but we've got food, we've got Hershel. Daryl, I like you I just wanted you to know maybe I've just ruined the great day and maybe I've just ruined whatever we had but I don't care. I just had to tell you" I spoke looking at him for a mere second before looking down at the dirt.

I could sense the tension and I didn't know what to do, do I just walk away? It was quiet I couldn't even hear any walkers. I felt a grasp on my hand and looked up to see Daryl looking directly at me his eyebrows furrowed.

"Why would you do that? Get yourself in some dumb mess with me?.... I-I like you too" he spoke warily cutting himself off from having a fall out finally giving up his feeling for well the first time. It surprised me he was that straight forward and I gave him a small smile and kissed his cheek.

"Again,not too rush but Mr. Dixon want to be the cross to my bow?" I joked laughing at my own little chat up line.

He smiled only slightly before it slowly went back to his furrowed features again and I praised myself for at least making a good enough joke for him to smile at.

"Sure, I guess" he spoke taking me by surprise "but I ain't no romantic" he spoke and I smiled.

"I guess you're in luck, I ain't either. Too cringy" I smiled just a little watching his expression closely.

"Well I'm gonna go get some of that food, you coming?" Daryl asked and I nodded. We walked up back to the cell block and Rick and the others were sill in with Hershel.

We went into where the food was kept and examined what we had, it was a lot more than we had seen maybe since the beginning of course there wasn't much left in the supermarkets and other places after everyone stocked up over the panic and confusion over what was going to happen. Then there was people going and just stealing everything because they could, suppose it was better than just sitting around and waiting to get eaten though.

My stomach ached from the mere view of the food, we must had been standing for a while because Daryl nudged me and passed me a bag of some sort of dry food. I took it and thanked him, once I opened it I took a small handful and passed it back to Daryl.I put a small amount in my mouth and smiled slightly in satisfaction of the sense of food going into my starving system.

"Tastes like horseshit but I suppose it's better than nothing" Daryl mumbled and I agreed it wasn't the best thing I had ever tasted but he was right it is better than nothing.

A/N-Sorry its such a short ass chapter and sorry I haven't updated in like 2 weeks butttttttt I'm back to writing every night now <3

Thanks everyone who votes and comments it means a lot

I love you all and hope you enjoy this chapter