Dear Gosh finally! The real deal. Tres Parto

Winter's pov

We arrived at the Starbucks I was going to meet Isaac at. I nearly am dead. Like for real. I got out of the car, all of us nervous. I walked in expecting to see him, but he hadn't arrived. Barely anyone was in the cafe, and I'm positive the two old people in the corners are not him, unless he's a spy. We sat there for a while. Luke got up and said,

"I'll be right back."

He left to the bathroom just as a familiar face walked in the door. He was holding a bouquet of daisies. Really? Why? He has a girlfriend for goodness sake.

"Winter?!"

"Isaac!"

We ran up to each other and I hugged him tight.

"I can't believe you're here."

He put his hand through my hair.

"You're even more gorgeous in person."

I blushed.

"Thank you."

He handed me the flowers.

"Oh, here, I got you flowers."

"Thank you so much, you didn't have to do that."

"I did. I have to do something else too, something I've been waiting a long time to do."

He kissed me. I paused, forgetting about the world around me for a moment. It was just as I had imagined it, near perfect. But I pushed him away.

"Isaac, you have a girlfriend!"

"I broke up with her a week ago."

"Nooooooo. I have something to tell you..."

"Yes?"

He looked concerned. He should be. I opened my mouth to speak as Luke came out of the bathroom. He walked to me and put his arm around my waist, claiming me.

"Um Isaac...this is my boyfriend Luke."
I tried my hardest to emphasize the word, 'boyfriend'. I turned around and said,
"This is Jenny, I think you remember her."
"Oh yes, Jennyyy. The flirt."
She didn'stand up.
"You know it!"
Luke looked down.
"Who are those flowers for?"
"You."
He handed him the flowers.
"Oh what big eyes you have."
Luke rolled his eyes.
"Shush. Smart ass."
"Okay, okay."
Isaac raised his hands in defense.
"Feisty one you got here Winter."
I froze I noticed what I had just don. I had brought my boyfriend to meet my...i don't know what he is...he brought me flowers. I walked away to Jenny and said,

"Come outside with me."

I'd never seen her so tense, even when we almost crashed and died on our way over here. She followed me outside. The boys didn't say anything.

"What's up?"

We were outside now. In the cold winter air.

"Do I really have to answer?"

"I guess not."

I sighed and put my hands on my forehead.

"What am I doing here! He fucking brought me flowers!"

He broke up with his girlfriend. It is a special day and my exboyfriend planned a perfect day for me after I was the reason he broke up with me and then I blew it.

"Your life is so screwed up."

I glared at Jenny.

"I just don't know what to do--"

"Bring out Luke."

She said,

"Alright."

She went inside and pointed outside. After the door to Starbucks was all the way closed he spoke.

"Hey."

I crossed my arms

"I love you and you're the sweetest thing ever what you did for me today. But this is what's going to happen, I'm going to go in there and have a good time with Isaac; he is my friend. If you can't be nice with him you have to go. Can you please just tolerate him for one night. Just one night. You don't have to ever see him again if you don't want to."

He came closer to me and hugged me, then planted a kiss on my forehead. He whispered in a sweet tone, not at all angry.

"He freaking bought you flowers Winter. I'm staying."

He pulled away and held my shoulders as he offered me an amused smile.

I play hit him in the stomach.

"Don't look at me like that."

I sat in the booth that Isaac and Jenny were waiting for us at. Me and Luke slid in next to each other. Luke held my hand under the table.

"I'm back."

Isaac smiled.

"You know I can't get over the fact that you're stunning in real life. The lens of your phone doesn't do you justice."

Luke gave my hand a squeeze. I could tell he was getting closer to protecting me. A lot more closer.

"Thanks. You look good yourself."

I don't think I overstepped my boundaries, I don't think. I laughed as I said,

"Do you want to know what my secret was?"

Luke looked over at me alarmed. I rubbed his hand with my thumb letting him know that everything is okay. 

"No idea?"

"I didn't have one, I just said I did because you said you did."

"That barely made any sense, but I get the gist. Okay, but for real it's my turn for my secret now. It's juicy I'll tell you that right now. You'll love it Drumroll please."

"I go to your school. I just never told you, like I get to see you every day, but I had Lily's phone and I was like hey, this way I can talk to her without getting the guts to go. You know? So ya in summary, I'm the guy behind the phone."

My mouth hung agape, everyone's was a little bit.

"Wow. You've seen me all this time and you haven't told me."

I paused.

"You left me wondering. And you lied to me."

"I'm just good at hide and seek that's all."

I shook my head and stood up.

"Wow. You're such a snob. Let's go guys."

I left my flowers on the table.

"Um thanks for the uh flowers."

Then Luke closed the door behind us. 

Luke said,

"What a jerk. I'm sorry baby." 

He put his arm over me and rubbed my shoulder. We got in the car. This was not what I expected how we met for the first time was. We dropped Jenny off then drove to Luke's house. I was disappointed, the first time I met him was a bust. But I walked into Luke's house and I was filled to the brim with a pumpkin pie scented candle. His mom was always lighting candles. He walked into the kitchen and I followed behind him.

He opened the fridge and there was a Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough. He said,

"I have pizza rolls and other frozen junk. In the freezer. Perfect sleep over food?" [an: not a dirty sleep over people] 

"I'll have to ask my mom."

"My mom already called your mom. Your good to stay here. Only if you want."

"Sure."

We baked and rolled and cut cookies, then we made the food and watched La La Land Illegally. After it finished we talked on the couch until both of us fell asleep. This was a great Valentine's Day...overall."