Beautiful Day

*Winter's POV*

I pushed open the heavy doors of the bookstore, my new novel I had just bought in-hand. I inhaled deeply and I could feel the slightly warm spring air fill my lungs. I looked around at the trees with pink buds at the tips of each branch, trying my hardest to avoid the sounds of the cars zooming past me. As I walked along the pink petal-covered sidewalk I payed  attention to the people around me. Some were children, or mothers, or fathers. A little girl with pigtails and a cone of vanilla ice cream. A girl about the same age as me, 16, texting, staring at a screen, instead of appreciating this beautiful day. Although, I did appreciate her sense of style, bright colors, just like today, bright. It was yellow to be exact, a very golden color.

I loved it how the sunshine came through the leaves of the tall trees above us and shone, making shadows on the ground. I listened, now taking in all of the sounds, including the less pleasant ones. Cars honking, babies crying, shoes clicking against the pavement, so many noises put together. It almost makes a melody.

I took one last step before I heard a crack and felt a lump under my foot. I immediately stopped and looked down to see what I had just ran over. It was a cellphone. I took it into my hands and examined the screen, lightly cracked. I turned it on, yet still in working condition. I looked throughout the phone, not finding any trace of someone ever owning it. I opened contacts and there is where I found one single contact named, Unknown.

*noтe*

hello there my lovelies. I really hope you enjoyed reading this, because I definitely enjoyed writing it. I will post the next part when we get 5 votes? I can't wait! Don't forget to vote and comment, tootles! :)