Blog 26# Top Ten Rock Bands

G'day guys its Jessi and today let us bring out our inner rock stars...

That's right, I am going to do a Top 10 countdown, I actually have not done one since my preference book days over on my book '101 1D and 5SoS preferences' so this can easily be a great comeback or a cringy crime being committed by moi...you decide.

So anyways, I am a big fan of rock music and I am more going in a way to open myself up to you guys more and show you the top 10 bands that I love and I believe fit into the genre of rock as there are also many subcategories...but that would be really confusing if we go too deep into it. So I will be stating the band, where it sits in the 10, small explanation as to why I love them and a three song recommendation. Who knows maybe I might be putting you guys onto some of these bands if you have never listened to them before but also please note this is all my opinion, please do not get defensive if your favourite band is not there because they will be other countdowns that I can do to add onto this list...okay cool?

Okay so, don't judge and let's get started 

10) Nickelback

Chad Krouger guys, this band has a lot of songs that I can personally relate to and I find the vibe so differnet that it stands out to me. There are some songs that I know are hard to fully understand the grasps and concepts of, but I just love the vibe and the sound of the guitars and how they incorporate a lot of acoustic into some of their music.

Song recommendations: How you remind me, Photograph, Far Away

9) 5 Seconds of Summer

Yeah yeah yeah say they are not punk rock all you want but they have earnt their place on the list, I love this band because there are not that many breakout bands here in Australia and these guys have taken over the world internationally. They are younger and are open to their life experiences so it makes it easier for us fangirls and guys to relate to them. I love all their songs and I really cannot wait for the release of Album 3#

Song Recommendations: She's kinda Hot, End Up Here, Disconnected

8) Bon Jovi

Okay yes I know Bon Jovi is the person and not the actual band, but am looking at this musician as part of the band. Bon Jovi is part of the Rock Gods and he has made several platform singles to be where he is right now. I love how there is so much electric guitar and the songs are so iconic that it can take easily 2 times to play the song before it becomes stuck in your head. Get onto him!

Song recommendations: Livin on a prayer, Always, Wanted dead or alive

7) Bring me the Horizon

This band was actually introduced to me by my best friend, literally in forensic class we would be doing work and she would ask me what music I was listening to (which at that point either 5sos or 1D) and she be like 'nuh uh you need to listen to this' and I did....and now I am regretting because it is so...it is so addicting, I love their music and it makes it so easy for teenagers to relate to.

Song recommendations: Drown, Happy song, Avalanche

6) Cherri Bomb

Yeah for all those who are fans of Hey Violet, if you know Hey Violet then you should know this band, because this was Hey Violet before their lead singer left and they renamed the band. Cherri Bomb are one of my ultimate favourite bands and they bring a lot of punk to rock. These girls are also one of the few girl fronted bands that you don't often find around nowadays. I definitely recommend them for any girl who wants to bring out her inner dark punk rock star.