Blog 40# Beauty/Hair Hacks

G'day Guys Jessi here

And I love beauty life hacks

Yes although I am no beauty guru I like to try new hacks that help make my life a little easier or more convenient for my use...also try and make things cheaper for use.

So I thought today I would share some of my favourite beauty/hair life hacks although I will say none of these are mine, some are from Pinterest, some from Tumblr and some even from T.V commercials.

SO I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THIS!!! THEY BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTED AUDIENCE AND USED IN SHARING TO BENEFIT THE LIVES OF OTHERS!!!

So hopefully you guys are going to find these helpful, a lot of these also do not work for everyone but still there is no harm in trying.

And I survived these hacks with no permanent damage so what does that tell you...it's perfectly harmless.

Alright let's roll!

1) Washing your hair with conditioner and then the shampoo

I saw this in a t.v commercial but as soon as I started doing this I found a vast difference with my hair. Turns out with this hack you put the conditioner in first, and that takes out part of the frizz as well as make your hair extra soft and then you apply shampoo mainly on the scalp since that is where most of the oil comes from in your hair. If you want less frizz also wash both shampoo and conditioner out with not hot but lukewarm water and do an upside down blow dry you have deemed yourself the best hair care apparently...try it out!

2) Use eyeshadow as an eyebrow filler

So you are getting ready to go out and you are almost finished with your make-up. You open your eyebrow kit to find your worst nightmare...the palette with your eyebrow shade is cleaned out and you have no idea what to do.

Okay this one is an easy life hack, if you have brown eyebrows all you have to do is grab your regular brow brush and any eyeshadow you own in either a medium brown or a dark brown, using either shade or both shades use your brush and eyeshadow to create the improvised eyebrow filler and craft your eyebrows for perfection...and make sure you buy a new pallet asap.

3) Translucent powder sets for foundation

Need foundation powder that isn't going to leave obvious patches on your face or leave noticeable marks on your clothes? All you need is some translucent powder, using your foundation brush and the translucent powder set your foundation how you would regularly do so with no mess and no obvious patch marks. It also works with hairspray, spray close but not directly up close to your face and the hairspray with act as a setting powder on not just your foundation but your make up in general.

4) Don't always use black liner around whole of eye

Doing this will only make your eyes look smaller and frankly less dimensional, however if this is an unintended problem to your life all you need are these three eyeliner pencils.

First of all just use the black eye pencil on the top of your eyes, use this to create your winged liner if you want, then on the bottom of the eye you are going to use a brown eye pencil, doing this will make your eyes look fairly larger, more natural and help draw attention to the black eyeliner. Finally, you always want to have fresh looking eyes, use a white eye liner on the waterline and the inner corners of your eyes for a more refreshing look that draws all three colours together and give you a more natural approach to your eyes.

5) Use dots to get symmetrical winged liner

Have those days where you cannot make your winged liner symmetrical? Easy, grab a bobby pin or a black eye pencil and crate some small dots from the outer corner of the eye and out, every black dot you make will determine how big your wings are going to be (if you want small and subtle do 1-2 dots on both sides at a low angle, if you want your wings to make a big statement do 2-3 dots at a high angle) then using the brush or liquid eye pencil that you own connect the dots and fill the inside. Tada! Perfect symmetrical wings. And if you make a mistake just take a makeup wiper, remove the mistake grab the pencil and redraw the dot, it's that easy.

6) Use foundation as an eyelid base

Okay you can buy this thing call eyelid primer where it can basically act as concealer from the visible veins on your eyes, but for someone like me who cannot get out by themselves and cannot buy anything without parental judgement we have to make dues with what we own...the conclusion? Foundation.

Literally paining it onto your eyelids and set with translucent powder and you basically have a way to hide those veins if you are a freak like me who has them. Trust me it works tremendously especially when you ceebs to go out wearing eyeshadow.

7) White eye shadow brings more vibrant colour

I learnt that if you put white eye shadow on before the coloured eyeshadow it makes the coloured eyeshadow more vibrant and makes your eyes pop. There is no other way to make this life hack for interesting is there...I'm sorry

8) Use black eye pencil as a lip liner

If you are like me who likes to wear black lipstick sometimes but you don't own any black lipstick or you have run out of stock all you need to do is grab your handy black eyeliner. If it is a creamy or matte base then all you have to do is outline those lips and fill them in like you would normally do, and if you like to wear brown lipstick in a natural look you can use a brown eyeliner as well!!

9) Glitter stands out

As in everything I have learnt, glitter makes the best make-up enhancer if you are going to a party or a concert or a festival and it always makes a statement. It is never outdated and you can do some many things, all you need is glitter, water and a makeup brush. Dip your makeup brush into a little bit of water and then dip the brush into the glitter, using the dapping technique dab the glitter onto your cheeks or lips or eyelids or wherever you want the glitter to be, the water will act as an adhesive to the glitter, it's a great substitute if you don't own the fancy face glue that you can also use. Don't forget hairspray will make it stay in place

10) Side fringes

Ever wanted to have a side fringe but didn't think you could commit to the hair cut without wanting it to vanish in two weeks? When you wash your hair in the shower use a wide comb and comb part of your hair onto the side in which you want the fringe to be, comb in that direction all the way to the back of your head and after drying it slightly (so it's not dry completely but damp) continue to comb the fringe on that side until it naturally dries out, if you want the perfect side fringe use a flat iron to straighten it out. This means that you can wear a side fringe and if you want to change the side fringe or remove it all you have to do is comb the hair back into its usual centre parting the next time you are in the shower!

So hopefully these ten beauty/hair hacks have or will hopefully have you trying and maybe even using these ideas. It's always nice to change your appearance up once in a while to give yourself a fresh and by far new approach. If you liked this blog be sure to give it a vote and comment below if there any other beauty hacks or hair hacks you want me to share, who knows I could do a part 2 maybe. If you want to follow me just click on my icon and you can follow me on my page as well as check out my other books, some in which are currently in the process of getting cleaned up! If you want to follow me on Twitter be sure to follow @Jessigirl_105

Bye Guys xxx