~05~

Kira's POV 

5pm: The earliest time I've ever gotten off work. I was only a few minutes away from the house and I was just ready to kick my feet up and spend time with Keith. 

As I was driving, my phone rang. You know what the law says: no texting while driving. But, in this case, it was just a phone call. So, I rummaged though my purse for my ringing, vibrating phone. Finally, I found it under a pile of makeup supplies (don't judge me). 

I answered it swiftly, without looking at the caller ID. 

"Hello?" I asked, putting the phone on speaker phone and placing it in the cup-holder. 

"Hey, babe. Are you on your way yet?" It was Keith. A big smile arose on my face and his voice brightened up my day. 

"Oh, hi, Keith. Yeah, I'm like five minutes down the road from the house." 

"Oh okay. That's good then. How was your day? I missed you." he replied in a sweet tone. 

"My day was good. I just had to write a few songs, make a few tracks. Not really much. It was pretty much an easy day for me. I missed you too. How was your day?" 

"My day was good as well. I went to the gym with Algee and we were talking about you." He said with a chuckle. 

I laughed as well. "Oh really? In a good way or bad way?" 

"Baby, you know we have nothing bad to talk about you. I was just telling him that we're dating and how I asked you out. I had forgotten to tell him that we are dating. He was so surprised, too." 

"You know, the same exact thing happen to me at work today. I was talking to one of my friends and I told her about you. I showed her a pic of you and she said you were fine as hell. I was like, you better back off my man, bruh. Hahaha." I chortled. 

"Hehe, well I can't help being fine, Kira. But speaking of fine pics, I saw the picture of you in the studio booth." 

I blushed when he said that. "Hehe, really? I mean I wasn't meaning to look good in the pic. Just sharing part of my life on social media, ya know? But thanks." 

Keith smacked his teeth, "Stop tryin' to act modest. You know good and well you fine." 

"Okay okay. Of course you'd know best." I joked. 

"Yeah because I got good taste." He joked back. 

"Oh my gosh, whatever, haha." 

"Haha, so anyways, you comin home soon right? By now, you gotta be about a minute down the road?" He said, clearing his throat. 

"Yeah. It's funny because I'm actually on our street now." 

"Man, we sure do talk a lot, don't we?" He chuckled. 

"Nope, not me. You're the talkative one. Ever since 3rd grade, Keith." I teased. He always used to be so talkative back then, and definitely still is. 

"Uh uh, you're gonna stay in the talkative category with me. We used to talk all the time in class. And we used to both in trouble for it so don't try to seclude yourself now, babe." 

"Mmhm, okay, I gotchu, Keith, I gotchu. Haha, well, Imma get off this phone. I'll see you in like thirty seconds now. I'm about to pull up in the driveway." 

"Ha, alrighty then. I'll be seein' you." 

"Okay, love you." 

"Love you more, Kira. See you."