8 . The Winners & The Losers

(PIC OF NOEL^^^)

*Sam*

"What are you doing?" I asked when I awoke the next morning, seeing Cassidy intently looking at the screen of her phone. Seeing, me, she jumped off her stool at the table and came rushing over to me, her blonde hair messily bouncing all over the place. Then, she shoved the screen into my face.

"Isn't he soooo hot? I'm just reading the highlights from last nights MTV Awards and omg Noel looked soo good!" She just rushed out all the words, the screen of her phone bouncing in my face. Steadying her hands, I pulled away the phone to look at the picture. Admittedly, he did look quite handsome, and it reminded me of our conversation that previous night. Shaking away those thoughts, I returned to my original train of thought.

"Okay, I actually came here to tell you that I have a job interview today!" I told her, holding my hands up in excitement. The BrightlyEvents people seemed to like what I had to say, and had called me in for a face-to-face interview. However, Cassidy's face fell.

"Already? Why can't you just enjoy your break?" Cassidy exclaimed, to which I just rolled my eyes.

I rolled my eyes at her bitterness. To her, I answered in a sarcastic and sardonic tone. "I like being busy. "

"Okay." She mocked me, continuing to scroll through her phone, then clicking on a video of Noel. Out of curiosity, I sidled over to Cassidy's side. She gave me a side eye.

"Even a prude like you can't resist Noel, aye?" She joked, which caused me to just pinch her.

"Who are you wearing?" A chirpy reporter asked Noel. He gave her a charming nod and answered 'Versace' in such a professional manner that he didn't seem like the guy I'd stayed up speaking to. Then, as he moved to the next interviewer, he pulled out his phone, suddenly disinterested in the world around him. Even I felt my heart slightly jolt when I saw the way a smile spread across his face as he looked at his screen.

"Is Felicia the reason for the smile on your Face?" Another reporter asked, snapping his attention away from his phone. Looking flustered, he quickly put his phone back into his suit pocket.

"Well, that's the sort of smile that only special people get." Cassidy sighed, her heart seemingly pouring with emotion from the sight of his smile. I rolled my eyes at her empty admiration for this overrated celebrity.

"He does have lovely dimples." I commented, before taking my bag and heading out the door. However, I did not miss the shock on her face at my admission that he was attractive.

*Noel*

"Memes, Noel, Memes?" Lockhart questioned him for the billionth time, still gobsmacked as to how he could've mustered up such a lame last-minute response on the red carpet. Noel sat in his lounge room and sipped on his tea, quietly letting his friend continue on with his tantrum. He hadn't spoken, knowing the situation would worsen if he told him he had no other choice but to lie.

The ringing of his phone sliced the rant Lockhart had been having, much to his pleasure. When he noticed Felicia's number, however, his mood dampened instantly. "Hello?"

"Let's go somewhere, on a public date. The media is acting suspiciously about us." He'd almost become accustomed to the loveless greetings that he'd received from her, accepting that the publicity that this relationship brought them overpowered their actual desires to be together. Over the passed year, his attraction to Felicia had been waning, but they weren't allowed to seperate.

"Sure, why not?" He answered blandly, and the way Lockhart stared at him was telling of how disinterested his words sounded. Sadly, he didn't care, which he made clear as he flipped the bird at Lockhart on his way out of his house.