3. The Unknown & The Number

Chapter 3

Pic- Cassidy

"Wait, what did you say?" Cassidy's eyes narrowed dangerously, piercing right into me. It was though she had forgotten the pancakes, cooking away behind her, as she interrogated. The way she spoke made me feel like a prey, a target burning on my forehead.

"I said rumour was correct?" I stated, carefully, almost expecting her to explode or something. She instantly swivelled around, scooped the last pancake off the pan, and turned off the stove, then stalking right over to me. Then, her voice a dangerous whisper, she leaned close to me.

"You saw Noel Michaels?" She leaned right over the bench, her face so close our noses nearly touched.

"Yeah" I answered, not sure why she was on the verge of freaking out.

"Well, what'd you say?" The impatience was clear in her voice, waiting for me to spill something juicy. I hoped she wasn't too disappointed when all I could do was shrug.

"Well, I didn't know who he was! We just talked" I surrendered. "And danced" I said so quickly it sounded like one word. Obviously, what I'd said was incorrect, as an inhumane shriek erupted from her. I could almost see smoke emanating from her ears. When she turned to glare at me, she looked crazed.

"You're telling me that Noel Michaels, who came to Australia all the way from England for a one week promotional tour and was at the bar only last night, came up to you and spoke actual words to you, and even danced with you, and you didn't even know who he was?" She spluttered out the words tremendously fast, to a speed where I worried for her health.

"How is he famous anyways?" I queried, rising from my stool to get my breakfast. I focused intensely on drizzling my pancakes with honey and lemon juice, ignoring the wrath of Cassidy.

"He is basically one of the richest young guys alive! He was on Forbes' 30 under 30 list! He owns the recording studios that have signed some if the biggest people. He has restaurants. He models, he does everything!" She detailed further afterwards, as though she was the human replica of his Wikipedia page. Then her deadly eyes  turned over to target me, causing me to internally shudder. "If you didn't have your nose buried in work all the time, I could've met Noel freaking Michaels now!" Her finger pointed at me.

"Hey he's just a human! Nothing go crazy over" I abruptly took my plate of food and began to walk away from her madness, but Cassidy followed me, her steps loud enough to highlight the fury in her.

"Of course you would say that. He has a girlfriend, Sam, but he danced with you!" She enunciated the word girlfriend, as though it would cause me to have an epiphany. For a moment, I felt slightly disheartened, knowing that gorgeous man was taken, but that immaturity quickly faded away and my logical mind didn't give a crap. "I could've been the maid of honour at his wedding" she said with a wistful sigh, causing me to shake my head.

"He didn't even know my name, don't get so ahead of yourself!" Behind me, I heard the slap of her face-palm, an then an agitated groan. Ignoring all of it, I dashed into my room to enjoy my breakfast in peace.

**

Her brown eyes kept Noel up, that itching feeling that they were familiar never left. And then the curiosity of her identity made him so enticed that he even declined the birthday sex his beautiful girlfriend had offered him. He wandered if she found the note he left her, or if she'd ever contact him again. For one minute, he even considered staying in Australia, just to get the chance to see her again, but he had work to carry on with.

"Mr Michaels, you have to get ready for you interview with Good Morning America" his manager, Lockhart, notified him, distracting him from his thoughts. Nodding, he sat up from his bed, and put on a shirt, the thoughts of the girl disappearing.