Friends No More

Keith, Noah, Ian, Anthony, Shayne, and I were sitting in the local Starbucks eating lunch together. Olivia hadn't gotten here yet, and Shayne was sitting next to me. I enjoyed this time, time with Shayne without having to worry about Olivia. We were all chatting, relaxing, laughing, just enjoying ourselves and the simplicity of the moment. Then, Olivia arrived just as I was laughing at a particularly funny anecdote of Shayne's. As soon as she came near the table, I immediately stopped laughing, and so did Shayne. She shot me a withering glare, and I quickly moved away. What was that all about? Shayne just saw me as a friend, and I thought I did a pretty good job of hiding it. I moved down near Anthony and Ian, where Anthony looked at me sympathetically. "Thanks," I said, and smiled. "What? What is it?" Ian asked. Anthony and I looked at each other uncomfortably. "Well, you see..." I started. "Do you want me to tell him? " Anthony asked. "Please, " I responded thankfully. Anthony explained to Ian quietly. "Oh, okay," Ian explained. "I am so sorry Courtney. We're always here for you, you know." "I know. Thanks, guys." At that moment, Olivia walked up to me and said, "Hey Courtney! You wanna go to the bathroom?" "Sure, " I answered, as perkily as I could. We walked together, and for a moment, I had forgotten that glare. But then, we reached the bathroom. "Look, Courtney, you know how much I love Shayne, right?" "Uh huh," I answered, confused. "And you want us to be happy?" I nodded again. " Well, if you're really my friend, you really want Shayne and I to be happy together, then you will leave us alone." At that, Olivia's face turned deadly serious. "What?" I cried. "And don't dream of saying a word of the conversation to anyone. They'll side with me. They love me, and they'll always pick me over you. All of them," Olivia said, her pretty face twisted by an evil that I didn't know she possessed. "Kay thanks!" She said in the way I had become accustomed to her speaking in.  I rushed into the ladies' room and sobbed, something that had been happening far too often as of late. I had lost my best friends. I cried for a few minutes, then thought to myself, C'mon, You're Courtney. Calm down. But her words had struck a bit to close to home, and I decided to feign sickness and go home. I composed myself best I could, and walked out. "Hey guys," I said in a shaky voice. "I don't feel really good, I think I'm gonna head home. " "Will you be okay, Court Court?" Keith asked. "I'll be good, just a headache." I responded. I rushed out of the coffee shop before I would totally break down.

A/N
Hey 0 people that read this story! I am sorry for the bad chapter, and for the fact that I made Olivia a terrible person. I love her so much. However, I do sometimes feel that Courtney is under appreciated in the Squad, and that they do fawn over Olivia a lot, while they kinda ignore Courtney.