Recovery and Relapse

Courtney POV:
"Shayne?" I asked groggily. My eyes opened slowly to Shayne's face, clouded with worry. "Courtney? Are you alright?" He asked. "I, I don't know. His, his..his hands," my voice choked, the words struggling to escape my throat. I felt my eyes fill with tears. Their hands... I could still feel them. "Courtney? Courtney!" Shayne exclaimed, snapping me back to reality. "I, I don't know, Shayne." The tears finally overflowed, and my body wracked with sobs, the cries wretchedly tearing out of my throat. "Shhh, it's okay Courtney. It's over, I'm here now. I'm here," Shayne said soothingly, his hand rubbing my back. His arm encircled my shoulders, and his other hand slid beneath the crook of my knees. He gently lifts me onto his lap, pulling me into his strong chest."It'll be okay." "I know it will, Shayne. I just, I feel...," I shuddered. "Don't think about it. You'll be okay." "I'll, I'll be okay." I sighed, the smallest grin spreading across my face. "I might take you up on your dinner offer. " "Of course, but you'll need to get up. My legs are starting to get numb. You're a lot heavier than you look!" Shayne joked, trying to lighten the mood. I smiled grimly. Shayne had struck a little too close to home, something that had haunted my past. "Courtney? Get up please?" "Of course, " I answered, and stood up shakily. I walked downstairs and ate with Shayne, savoring the last full meal I'd have in a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~
No!! What does Courtney mean?!!
Hey guys! I am so sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I've been kinda swamped. I am also sorry that this was such a short chapter. I am also suffering from a baby writer's block. Thank you so much for reading! If anyone has any suggestions for ships other than Shourtney, or anything else, please do so in comments. Sorry this entire thing was terrible😂😂😂 Love Always, xxFairGamexx