The New Guy

1 month later Maya's POV
A lot has happened in the last month. I found out Lucas and his sister, Rebecca are being abused last month. After that, we hung out at least two or three times a week. I got close with Rebecca and Zay while Lucas got close with Riley and Farkle. We're just one big group of friends even though sometimes Rebecca hangs out with her freshman friends.

I walked into school and while I was trying to find Riley lots of people said "Damn Daniel back at it again with the white vans!" Because I was wearing white vans. Every time someone said that I would say in my head Man, this school is really behind on its trends.

I found Riley after 5 minutes of searching. She was outside the library. When I saw her I yelled "Riles!" And she yelled "Peaches!" We ran towards each other and gave a big hug. "I haven't seen you in forever." Riles said.  "We saw each other yesterday." I said. "A lot can happen in a day. For all I know, you're house could have exploded." Riles said. "You watched Pretty Little Liars recently, didn't you?" I said already knowing the answer. "Just started season 5." She said with a big smile of course. The bell rang and Riley grabbed her books. "Peaches, where are your books?" Riles said. "Oh man! I forgot to get them before I went to look for you." I said. "Well, hurry up and get them. You can't be late to history. " Riley said. "Ok. I'm going." I said starting to walk away. "By the way, I like your shirt." Riley said. "You got this for me for my 17th birthday." I said. "I know." Riley said walking away.

I was running to my locker hoping to get there before the second bell rang. That would never happen but hey, you never know. I got to my locker and put in my combination quickly. I know it by heart. I bet you if I was 56 and you asked me what my high school combination was, I could tell you. But anyways, while I was at my locker, someone approached me. "Hey Maya." The guy says. "Hey Shane." I said getting my books from my locker. Shane sits next to me in Spanish and we talk a few times in the hall. "I was wondering if I could ask you something?" He said. "Go ahead." I said as the second bell rang. Just my luck. I said inside my head. "Maya, I was wondering if you and I could go on a date on Friday?" Shane said. I think for a couple of seconds before I say my answer. "Yes." I said. "Great. See you on Friday. I'll pick you up at 7. " Shane said. "Ok. Bye." I said walking to class.

Riley's POV
Class was very tiring today. I basically ran all the ran to the cafeteria. When I got out of the lunch line, I see Farkle and Lucas arguing about something. I walk over and Farkle says "Riley, Lucas thinks A Series Of Unfortunate Events is better than Stranger Things. Tell him he's wrong." "Farkle is right, Lucas. Stranger Things is much better." I said giving Farkle a kiss. "Whatever. And get a room!" Lucas said because the kiss had become a make out. We stopped and ate our food. Then, Maya came over. "Guys, I have something to tell you." Maya said getting excited. "What is it?" I asked. "Do you know Shane Kudrow?" Maya asked sitting down. We all nodded our heads yes. "Well, he asked me on a date this Friday and I said yes." Maya said. I gave Maya a hug and said "OMG Peaches. It's your first date at this school." I said while me and her were getting up to hug. I looked at Lucas and Farkle. Farkle said "Congratulations Maya." Lucas didn't say anything for a minute but then he said "Um... yeah congrats." He went back to eating his food. I couldn't help but notice how he looked sad. I may not know some things, but I know one thing for sure. I am definitely going to investigate that.
~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys. Hope you guys liked the chapter. Next chapter will be Riley and Farkle talking to Lucas about his feelings for Maya. Love you guys.
~Riley 😜😎
Words: 736