A Kiss Could Change A Friendship

Narrator's POV
It's been 2 weeks since the kiss. Maya and Lucas haven't talked to each other since.

Riley, Farkle, and Zay have been trying to make them talk to each other but all they get is silence.

The three of them almost gave up. Until Little Miss Riley came up with an idea.

Riley's POV
"We have to tell them they like each other." I said after school on Thursday.

"Why would we do that?" Zay said.

"So they can talk to each other! Duh!" I said.

"I see what Zay is saying." Farkle said.

"What is he seeing? Isn't this the right thing to do?" I said, very confused.

"Riley, they kissed and their not talking. Revealing their feelings will probably end their friendship." Farkle said.

"Or they could date! Lucaya could become a thing!" I said excitedly.

"Yeah. We could go up to Lucas and be like, Hey Lucas we know you haven't talked to Maya in 2 weeks but she likes you! You should totally find her and reveal your feelings. Your friendship isn't awkward enough!" Zay said.

"That doesn't have to happen! I could tell Maya how Lucas likes her and you two could tell Lucas how Maya likes him. And then they can date." I said.

"That's possibly the stupidest idea I ever heard." Farkle said.

"Hey guys. That was my mom. She needs me to babysit my brother. I gotta go." Zay said.

"I'll go with you." Farkle said.

Zay left and before Farkle left he said, "Please don't tell them how they feel about each other."

"I won't."

"Good. Bye Riley." He said.

"Bye Farkle." I said.

As soon as I heard the apartment door closed I said to myself, "And they say I'm a bad liar."

Dinner is going to start soon. Better figure how to tell Lucas Maya likes him.

Lucas's POV the next day
It's finally Friday. Not only do I find out the results on science exam but also I don't get to see Maya for 2 days.

I know it seems mean but when you kiss one of your best friends and you can't even talk to each other, you sorta don't want to see each other.

I see Maya and I feel like I should go over and at least say hi to her but I see Shane and I could tell he was about to bother her.

He said, "Hey Maya I heard you kissed Lucas a week after we broke up. You're that much of a slut."

I feel like beating him up for calling Maya a slut but Maya comes up with a great remark.

"You're that much of a manwhore you can't keep your little friend in your pants for a day. And Missy Bradford? You do realize she's the school slut. I'm surprised she hasn't cheated on you yet." Maya said with a smile which shows she definitely won that battle.

The bell rings which means we have to go to our first class. I get my books and head to first period. On the way, I get a text from Riley.

Riley: Meet me at the parking lot after school. It's urgent.

I wonder why Riley would want to talk to me. None of the stuff we talk about is really urgent either.

I quickly text her an ok and run to class.

{After school}
I'm in the school parking lot, waiting for Riley. All of a sudden, I see her running towards me.

"Ok. I gotta hurry. I have to babysit my brother. Anyway, um....well uh....." Riley said quickly.

"Can you just say it?!" I yelled at her.

"Maya likes you and she's talking to Mr.Matthews right now so you can go quickly tell her." She says faster.

"Maya likes me?!" I yell at Riley in a surprising tone.

"YES! JUST GO!" She yelled at me as I started to run back in school.

I see Maya come out of Mr.Matthews's room and I say, well yell, "MAYA."

"What are you still doing here, Lucas?" Maya asks.

"Maya, I heard you liked me and I'm here to say I like you too." I said almost out of breath from running.

"How did you find out?" She asks.

"Ri- Riley." I said.

"You weren't suppose to know. Um.... I gotta go." She says running out of the school.

"Maya wait. I.....I love you." I said but she's already gone.

As for me, I walk the other way, heartbroken.

You know what they say.

A kiss could change a friendship.

Revealing feelings could ruin one.
~~~~~~
Hey guys! I have sad news. This book is ending soon, probably 2-3 chapters left. Anyway, what do you guys think will happen with Maya and Lucas? Love you guys.
~Riley 😜😎
Words: 800